Contributor
Megthered
0 Kudos

wifi with cm7

I installed cm7 on a 4 GB sandisk sd card. No trouble with the installation to the Nook. When I try to connect to wifi, it scans, finds my network, acknowledges and drops it. I have pulled the card, wiped it and reinstalled cm7 and I till have the problem. I have no problem connecting to the net with my non cm7 Nook and 2 laptops and 2 desktops and 3 smartphones have no problem connecting. I have looked all over the net for advice on what to do, and no one can give me any advice. Am I the only one that has had this problem. I got the Nook color last Saturday and really love it, but I wanted to experience the Android side of it. My router is quite old, could it be that? Should I get an 8GB card. Installing CM7 on the card was easy, I had no problems. Am I just destined to be without cm7?

Sorry for being so long and whiney but I have reached maximum frustration level.

megthered

Frequent Contributor
webyrd
0 Kudos

Re: wifi with cm7

CM7had wifi issues that have been fixed in the newer releases. I have used both nightly 103 and the 7.1 RC with no wifi problems. I think anything after nightly 102 should have the wifi fix.
Reader 2
nabour
0 Kudos

I have exactly same problem and it is driving me crazy.  Question, please.... when you talk about the nightlies, are they available for those who are running CM7 from the sd card?  I am still nervous about loading it internally, so have used only the sd card install method.  I haven't been able to find out how to update with a nightly and keep it to the card.  Newby question, I know --- any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated!

Barbara

Frequent Contributor
webyrd
0 Kudos

Sorry Barbera, been to long since I ran off SD. Instructions to updating CM7 at http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1000957 should work
Inspired Contributor
BanjoBen
0 Kudos

I know this is an older thread, but I just got around to tinkering with CM7 this weekend.  I had the same trouble.  I started out with installing the most recent stable build on an sd card using verygreen's size-agnostic method.  Wifi initially connected and things seemed fine, but shortly thereafter it dropped.  The connection would still show as active, but the browser, market, gmail app, etc could not get onilne.  I tried rebuilding multiple times and even tried using different nightlies. 

Eventually, I decided to give it a shot with an internal install.  As you might expect, I had exactly the same issue.  I've spent several hours over the last couple days searching for a solution, but eventually decided that it was eating up too much time.  

It's really a shame because CM7 has a number of features that I'd really like to have.  I may try it again sometime to see if I can get it working, but for now, it's back to the manual nooter setup I had before.

Reader 2
NgtCrwlr
0 Kudos

First, I have been using a Nook (nootered 2 days after purchace) for almost a year and liked it but never loved it. Finally, I tried Honeycomb from SD card and sadly I wasn't thrilled with the new interface and how it worked on the Nook.

Time to install a CM7 nightly build (cm_encore_full-207 running from SD card), everything was working great, then today I experienced the no Wifi. My connection was listed and it would try to connect but never complete.  Below my Wifi listing it dislplayed out of range, but I knew that wasn't the case because my EVO and laptop had no problem connecting.

I ended up spending the better part of the afternoon trying everything I could think of and just when I was thinking of giveing up...success.

The solution for me was to remove the Wifi entry for my router from the nook and then reenter the passcode. Bingo, it has been working even after reboots for a few hours now. I didn't really figure out what caused the problem but I was installing a LOT and messing around with everything. So I am hoping it was just a glitch or a user error.

I am loving CM7 on the Nook so much I would hate to throw in the towel and go back to a nootered NC . I am going to give the SD card version a few weeks of testing and if all goes well I'll move to an internal install.

I will update if I experience any more Wifi problems.

Cheers!

Inspired Contributor
BanjoBen
0 Kudos

Yeah, I found the "forget and reboot" solution, but in my case I had no luck.  I haven't tried the most recent nightlies though, so maybe I'll give it another shot at some point.