Inspired Wordsmith
whiteginger
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

1.1.0 Reinstalled Itself?

Yesterday, I turned on WiFi on my NST to download a couple of newly purchased titles.  The titles downloaded quickly.  My notification indicator at the top of the screen showed a "2."  The first notification was the ubiquitous notification about finding NOOK friends.  The second notification was that Update 1.1.0 had been installed and my NST was up to date.

That's weird, I thought.  I was running 1.1.0 already and besides that download happened way too fast for an update.

But when I went to my shelves, all of my titles sideloaded to my SD had disappeared just as if something more than turning on WiFi had occurred. (All my SD sideloaded titles disappear from shelves when I connect to computer or an update occurs.)

Anything new that I've missed? 

Contributor
sentaikat
0 Kudos

Re: 1.1.0 Reinstalled Itself?

whiteginger wrote:

Yesterday, I turned on WiFi on my NST to download a couple of newly purchased titles.  The titles downloaded quickly.  My notification indicator at the top of the screen showed a "2."  The first notification was the ubiquitous notification about finding NOOK friends.  The second notification was that Update 1.1.0 had been installed and my NST was up to date.

That's weird, I thought.  I was running 1.1.0 already and besides that download happened way too fast for an update.

But when I went to my shelves, all of my titles sideloaded to my SD had disappeared just as if something more than turning on WiFi had occurred. (All my SD sideloaded titles disappear from shelves when I connect to computer or an update occurs.)

Anything new that I've missed? 

The exact same thing happened to me yesterday. I plugged in my NST to charge, went to bed, when I woke up the thing told me that 1.1.0 had been reinstalled and not only that all my side loaded shelves had been stripped of my books on my sd card. Also the books that I had side loaded onto my NST.

The only difference is that the  books have never disapeared from my nst when I hook it up to my computer.

I hope this doesn't happen all the time!

Inspired Wordsmith
whiteginger
0 Kudos

sentaikat wrote:

The only difference is that the  books have never disapeared from my nst when I hook it up to my computer.

I hope this doesn't happen all the time!

Sentaikat, I'm not sure that my SD sideloaded titles disappear when I simply hook the NST to my computer, but they DO disappear every time I hook it to the computer and sideload a new title into my SD folder.  This, I think(?) is a known shelving issue.  

Do your other SD sideloaded titles disappear when you add a new title?   

Contributor
sentaikat
0 Kudos

THE sideloaded books usually stay on the shelves when I use the computer to add more titles.
DeanGibson
Topics: 92
Kudos: 2,240
Solutions: 18
0 Kudos

Stupid reoccurring "friends" notification.

[ Edited ]

whiteginger wrote:

...  The first notification was the ubiquitous notification about finding NOOK friends...

I've searched here, but can't find a solution:  I can get rid of ("clear") that stupid poop-up (sic) notification when it appears, but how do you stop it from reoccurring on each reboot?

2 Nook HD/8GB + 2 Nook HD+/16GB: B&N 2.2.0 rooted
2 Nook Touch (one Ltd. Ed.): B&N 1.2.1 rooted; Dell Venue 8 Pro: Windows 8.1
2 Nook 1stEd/3G: B&N 1.7.0 rooted.; Acer Iconia A500: Android 4.0.3 rooted;
Nook Color: B&N 1.4.3 rooted; Samsung Galaxy Tab2 (7.0"): Android 4.2.2 rooted
Customer loyalty is earned, not commanded or deserved, and easily lost.
Never suspect intent where incompetence will do.
DeanGibson
Topics: 92
Kudos: 2,240
Solutions: 18
0 Kudos

Re: Stupid reoccurring "friends" notification.

[ Edited ]

DeanGibson wrote:

whiteginger wrote:

...  The first notification was the ubiquitous notification about finding NOOK friends...

I've searched here, but can't find a solution:  I can get rid of ("clear") that stupid poop-up (sic) notification when it appears, but how do you stop it from reoccurring on each reboot?

It turns out that pressing the "X" in the poop-up (sic) notification balloon only dismisses the poop-up (sic) notification until the next reboot.  Instead, if you press elsewhere in the poop-up (sic) notification balloon, it takes you to a new page for adding Nook Friends, which you can then close.

The latter action seems to get rid of the poop-up (sic) notification.

2 Nook HD/8GB + 2 Nook HD+/16GB: B&N 2.2.0 rooted
2 Nook Touch (one Ltd. Ed.): B&N 1.2.1 rooted; Dell Venue 8 Pro: Windows 8.1
2 Nook 1stEd/3G: B&N 1.7.0 rooted.; Acer Iconia A500: Android 4.0.3 rooted;
Nook Color: B&N 1.4.3 rooted; Samsung Galaxy Tab2 (7.0"): Android 4.2.2 rooted
Customer loyalty is earned, not commanded or deserved, and easily lost.
Never suspect intent where incompetence will do.