Inspired Correspondent
Technologirl
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

1.1.2 is released

Available on the download page.

Ok, now, everyone, go install !

I'll wait to hear that if fixes the problem and doesn't break anything else.

Correspondent
Byteguy
0 Kudos

Re: 1.1.2 is released

[ Edited ]

Not a lot of details:

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/u/Software-Updates-NOOK-Simple-Touch/379003175/

"The NOOK Simple Touch Ver1.1.2 update provides minor system enhancements."  That's all it says.

So, no big changes to shelves.

Distinguished Bibliophile
MacMcK1957
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I'll be very interested to see if it fixes the WiFi issues, but won't be able to check it out myself until the next time I visit the in-laws, whose router I haven't been able to connect to.

I have to say this is less than informative:

What's new in Ver 1.1.2?

- The NOOK Simple Touch Ver1.1.2 update provides minor system enhancements.

According to Alex in another thread, this release is supposed to fix the WiFi issues.
Distinguished Scribe
Ya_Ya
0 Kudos

MacMcK1957 wrote:

What's new in Ver 1.1.2?

It's the same verbiage they used with NOOK First Edition v1.6, (which actually broke SD card functionality), then with NOOK First Edition v1.7 (which fixed that) and with NOOKColor 1.4.2.

B&N feels no responsiblity to tell us what their updates do.

(For the record, I just did this update.  I see no change, yet.)

keriflur
0 Kudos

Ya_Ya wrote:

MacMcK1957 wrote:

What's new in Ver 1.1.2?

It's the same verbiage they used with NOOK First Edition v1.6, (which actually broke SD card functionality), then with NOOK First Edition v1.7 (which fixed that) and with NOOKColor 1.4.2.

B&N feels no responsiblity to tell us what their updates do.

(For the record, I just did this update.  I see no change, yet.)

Did you have wifi issues?

My guess is that this release only fixes the wifi issues that the previous release caused.  If it does anything else, it's probably not intentional, LOL, so if you see no changes that sounds like a good sign. :smileyhappy:

Distinguished Scribe
Ya_Ya
0 Kudos

keriflur wrote:

Did you have wifi issues?

Only at home and I'm currently at the office.

At home, though, I was able to fix the issue following LastSimilaril's (I'm sure I butchered that) suggestion about static IPs through my Verizon Fios router, so unless this update breaks that, I won't really know if it fixed Wifi. 

MacMcK1957
0 Kudos

Since the WiFi issue only applies to a limited subset of routers, we'll need to wait for one of the people with those routers (who will presumably have to sideload the update) to report back on how it works for them.  Don't think I'll take the six-hour drive to my in-laws just to see if I can finally connect to their router.

Inspired Scribe
kamas716
0 Kudos

Since my NST has been working fine, I think I'll refrain from updating until it's been out awhile.

http://www.goodreads.com/kamas716
New User
boredtonight

IT WORKS!

Hi guys!

Just want to let you know that I have a router that didn't wanna work with my nook before with v 1.1.0.

I just updated 3 hours ago, and it now works like a charm!

Just wanna share the good news to everyone who had been as frustrated as I was with the last firmware.

Have a great day everyone!

MacMcK1957
0 Kudos

Re: IT WORKS!

♪♫  Oh, happy day!  ♪♫
♪♫  Oh, happy day!  ♪♫

keriflur
0 Kudos

@boredtonight - Which router do you have?
Distinguished Scribe
Ya_Ya
0 Kudos

I've never before had the issue with N2E forgetting my last page read on my current book when it was connected to my PC for sideloading.  Today, (after the update) when I plugged it in to sideload, I got the "Could not open book" message - despite the fact that the book was open to page 321 of 572 of JP VOD and NOOK had retained that same page for days.  

It reset to page 1 after I "Eject"ed SD card then N2E.

It could be coincidental because I think I'm the only one this hadn't yet happened to - or it could be 1.1.2 related.  In any case, if this is its only flub - we could call it a success.  :smileywink:

Distinguished Scribe
Sun_Cat
0 Kudos

I just updated successfully. I'm glad to say that my home wi-fi, which did work before the update, still works.

After a quick look around, I don't see any new settings, any new reading options, any enhancements to the dictionary or  to shelving. What I do notice is that all the tabs and subtabs on the book information screen now are working. In the past, it seems to me that they didn't. But I may have just picked books with incomplete information to spot-check in the past, so I can't be sure.

For example, if I double-tap the cover of Moscow Sting, a recent free fridays selection, I get the full synopsis on the Overview tab, I get both Customer and Editorial reviews on the Reviews tab subtabs, and I get valid data for the two subtabs (People Also Bought and More By This Author) on the Related Titles tab as well.

Can anyone confirm or deny that this works in 1.1.1?

Please visit me on Goodreads. Currently reading:
Journey Into Now by Leonard Jacobson
bobstro

Sun_Cat wrote:

[...] Can anyone confirm or deny that this works in 1.1.1?

Viewing the info from the library on Moscow Sting works when connected to wifi on 1.1.0. I see the overview, helpful customer reviews ("Hello", "Sexy gurl"), editorial reviews and related titles.

New User
boredtonight

@keriflur i have a Netgear WGT624 v3

New User
rfist
0 Kudos

I bought the Nook from US, but I live in Romania. I had a lot of issues connecting it for the first time, because it requires the wireless mode to be set to US frequencies. I set my router accordingly and it worked, then I updated to 1.1.1 and it broke my connection. 

Today I downloaded the new firmware and installed, but I can't see anything changed. It detects my wi-fi network (and other 20+ too), but can't connect. It's always asking me for the password even though the password I type is correct.

This drives me crazy!

New User
rfist
0 Kudos

looks like I solved it: I set the wireless mode to b/g instead of b/g/n ... looks like new technology is too hard for B&N :smileyhappy:

Reader 2
Jack-R
0 Kudos

Updated to version 1.1.2 on 3/12/2012.

Version 1.1 did NOT work on my Home router (Westell 7500)

Version 1.1.2 (the update) works on the 7500.

-Jack

keriflur
0 Kudos

rfist wrote:

looks like I solved it: I set the wireless mode to b/g instead of b/g/n ... looks like new technology is too hard for B&N :smileyhappy:

What kind of router do you have?

Distinguished Scribe
Sun_Cat
0 Kudos

bobstro wrote:

Sun_Cat wrote:

[...] Can anyone confirm or deny that this works in 1.1.1?

Viewing the info from the library on Moscow Sting works when connected to wifi on 1.1.0. I see the overview, helpful customer reviews ("Hello", "Sexy gurl"), editorial reviews and related titles.

Thanks. That's not a change, then. Has anyone found a difference other than wi-fi?

Please visit me on Goodreads. Currently reading:
Journey Into Now by Leonard Jacobson