New User
jtitus
0 Kudos

Books Will Not Download, No Internet Connection Problems

Hi all,

I'm haven't found this on these boards and I would love some help. I just got a new simple touch yesterday. I didn't have issue connecting to the internet and registered fine. My library loaded all my books from my previous Nook 1st gen but it wouldn't download anything. When you click download button it either doesn't do anything or does an empty bar and nothing happens. Then it just goes back to the dowload button. I re-booted and re-registered my account to no avail. I've tried turning it on and off.

Any other ideas would be so helpful!

Kelly

Frequent Contributor
geertm
0 Kudos

Re: Books Will Not Download, No Internet Connection Problems

jtitus wrote:

Hi all,

I'm haven't found this on these boards and I would love some help. I just got a new simple touch yesterday. I didn't have issue connecting to the internet and registered fine. My library loaded all my books from my previous Nook 1st gen but it wouldn't download anything. When you click download button it either doesn't do anything or does an empty bar and nothing happens. Then it just goes back to the dowload button. I re-booted and re-registered my account to no avail. I've tried turning it on and off.

Any other ideas would be so helpful!

Kelly

You need a valid credit card in your account to download books. Check the credit card information of your B&N account.

Try to download a book from your B&N library on your PC. If that works you know your account is okay.

Distinguished Bibliophile
keriflur
0 Kudos

Re: Books Will Not Download, No Internet Connection Problems

Check your internet connection again.  If it says "connected, testing" or bounces back and forth from "Connected to the internet" to "connected, testing" or "Connected but no internet" then you're not actually connected and might have a router issue.