New User
nookert
0 Kudos

Can't purchase or manage credit card

I have a Nook Touch 1.1.0

My credit card was expired, so I updated the expiration date from the settings menu of my device.  When I finished, the expiration date appeared as the month prior.  I thought I had made a mistake, but it was an error on the device.  The only way to update my information was to do it from the website.

I called customer support.  Together we confirmed that I could download a free book.  The support technician then asks me if its okay reset my device.  Sheesh....

No. No, I don't want to.  Why aren't you trying to solve the problem. Why don't you warn me that I am going to lose my highlights and notes first?  The device doesn't support exporting them, so of course they are going to be gone.  Nope, reset the device....next customer please!  Devices should run from more than just a pristine state...they should be designed to, um, use.

On my own I was able to buy some other random book, so the problem isn't with my billing information or my device it is with the book that I was trying to purchase.

Distinguished Bibliophile
RHWright
0 Kudos

Re: Can't purchase or manage credit card

So, really, you have no issue? Especially not the one in the title.

You updated your payment info. Check.

You are able to download books, in general, as verified by downloading another (free) book. Check.

You've narrowed it down to a problem with the particular ebook. So if anything you have an issue there, not with the device; so, your post is not really relevant here, sorry to say.

You also seem to take issue with B&N's customer service. But that's not really an "issue" in the sense intended here.

And believe me, I agree with you that first tier support's go to position is to deregister/wipe/re-register. And it's not always necessary or desirable.

But that's a topic and "issue" for a different part of these forums. If we post inappropriately here, those who truly have issues are going to have them addressed less swiftly. Abuse it enough and they may decide to this area is not worth the trouble and delete it.

So please, post your grievances where they belong.

New User
nookert
0 Kudos

Re: Can't purchase or manage credit card

These are the issues with the device I am reporting. 

Issue #1: There is a bug in the screen on the device that prevented me from updating my credit card on the device. (I could go to the website on my pc to update my information, but its an issue nonetheless)

Issue #2: You can search and find books that are not available in eBook format if you search by ISBN.  There is then the option to purchase the book.  Clicking the button gives you an error message that does not describe the issue and send you into the spiral that occurred above.  You can and I suggest that you try it out

Hopefully that saves someone else a headache.  Enjoy your message boards.