Contributor
IowaAuntie
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Deregistering a dead nook... how many calls before it is done?

I have a Nook simple touch that died just after the year warranty expired. I replaced it with glow light Nook, which I love. However, I can't get my dead Nook deregistered. I can't do it on my end. Per the website you can call BN and they can do it on their end. It has been over a year and my dead Nook still shows registered. Each time I call I am told it will be done shortly. It is getting annoying because my household is big on using various Nooks, but I have a broke one counting against my registrations. Any ideas?
Distinguished Bibliophile
Mercury_Glitch

Re: Deregistering a dead nook... how many calls before it is done?

You could try going in to a store, we can check on registered devices (we can't deregister them any more than you can) and call a different group of support to try and deregister it.

I would suggest going to your local B&N, finding the Nook person, and explaining the situation.  I would suggest doing this soon since once the holiday is upon us time gets a lot more demands placed on it. 

You can also try PMing Alex, if it's the only NST registered to your account that you don't have access to he may be able to help.  You'd likely need to provide him with the SN's for the NSTs you have and want to keep registered.  Giving him SNs for all the Nooks you have and use may actually be better.

The Wheel weaves as the Wheel wills, and we are only the thread of the Pattern.
Correspondent
Byteguy

IowaAuntie wrote:
...but I have a broke one counting against my registrations.

I don't believe B&N limits you on how many nooks you can have registered to your account.

But, yes, I agree, it's annoying to have them listed.  I wish they would let us, at least, "hide" them like Google does (or NAME them so the list says "Dad's Nook," "Dead Nook", and such).

Mercury_Glitch
0 Kudos

At one point you could only have 6 devices tied to the same account.  I'm not sure if that limit is still in place. 

The Wheel weaves as the Wheel wills, and we are only the thread of the Pattern.
keriflur

Mercury_Glitch wrote:

At one point you could only have 6 devices tied to the same account.  I'm not sure if that limit is still in place. 

At one point B&N *claimed* that you could only have 6 devices on the same account, but forum members quickly discovered that there was no check in place.  So, unless they've added a check or fixed a broken check, I suspect the OP will be fine with leaving the dead nook as registered.

Reader 4
rcabbottMT
0 Kudos

You should be able to deregister your dead nook under your account.  Go to Manage account, once you are there scroll down to digital content and you should see manage your nook and you click on that and you can deregister your nook from there.

Contributor
IowaAuntie
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I wish I could deregister it online, but when you click the link it just explains how to do it on the device or to call BN :smileysad:

Edited to add... I posted this and then realized it has now been taken care of. See below.

Contributor
IowaAuntie

I posted on Facebook my issues and BN responded, I sent them the info, and now it has been taken care of. Yay!