Inspired Correspondent
Technologirl
0 Kudos

Engadget: Barnes & Noble confirms Nook Simple Touch upgrade WiFi issues, fix coming

Distinguished Scribe
Sun_Cat

Re: Engadget: Barnes & Noble confirms Nook Simple Touch upgrade WiFi issues, fix coming

Kind of useless since it's lacking specifics about source, any features other than wifi fix, and ETA.

The closest thing to source attribution is the parenthetical "Thanks, Dina," which could refer to the story or to the gratuitous Welsh Corgi Puppy video. Hard to tell.

Please visit me on Goodreads. Currently reading:
Journey Into Now by Leonard Jacobson
Inspired Correspondent
Technologirl
0 Kudos

Re: Engadget: Barnes & Noble confirms Nook Simple Touch upgrade WiFi issues, fix coming

Sun_Cat wrote:

Kind of useless since it's lacking specifics about source, any features other than wifi fix, and ETA.

The closest thing to source attribution is the parenthetical "Thanks, Dina," which could refer to the story or to the gratuitous Welsh Corgi Puppy video. Hard to tell.

Lacking specifics about source, such as the name of the person at B&N who confirmed it? Seriously? 

Ok. You wait for that.

I find it encouraging since it's the first public acknowledgment from B&N that there is a problem and that they are working on the fix. All other reports to date are anecdotal.

Distinguished Scribe
Sun_Cat

I continue to advocate transparency on the part of B&N about their development plans. If that makes me a voice crying in the wilderness, so be it.

How is an unsourced assertion on Engadget any more authoritative than what we've heard here already?

Wordsmith
Fred011
0 Kudos

It's not!

Distinguished Bibliophile
keriflur
0 Kudos

FWIW, I suspect that the next update will be only WiFi fixes, w/ no other changes.  No info, just a guess on my part.

Distinguished Scribe
Sun_Cat

[ Edited ]

keriflur wrote:

FWIW, I suspect that the next update will be only WiFi fixes, w/ no other changes.  No info, just a guess on my part.

I'm hoping for more. My guess is that if it were just WiFi fixes, it would have been done long ago. At least I would hope so.

Remember that way back on January 3, Alex changed the status of three Ideas & Suggestions to "Acknowledged." (For those who don't want to follow that link, the suggestions were about dictionary enhancements, exporting annotations, and library sort enhancements.) Maybe there's some correlation between "Acknowledged" and the developers actually working on these. Fingers crossed.

And at the very tippy-top of my wishlist is shelving enhancements.

Why B&N continues to be so opaque in their communications about ereader software continues to frustrate me -- and yes, baffle me. In spite of all the explanations, arguments, and comparisons offered here about why they choose this course, I remain stubbornly convinced that more transparency equals more customer satisfaction in the long run.

"If I were king of the forest..."

Distinguished Bibliophile
bobstro

keriflur wrote:

Oh, no, no. It's more than that. It's a full color release of ICS with free Netflix and Hulu. This is definite, because I read it on the Internet! :/

Distinguished Scribe
Sun_Cat
0 Kudos

bobstro wrote:

keriflur wrote:

Oh, no, no. It's more than that. It's a full color release of ICS with free Netflix and Hulu. This is definite, because I read it on the Internet! :/

Laurel for making me laugh! :catlol: