Contributor
MomWii
0 Kudos

Free Fridays & Wish List sync

Had my Nook 1st Edition for only 4 months and switched to the Simple Touch as a Christmas present to myself!  I live nowhere near WiFi for everyday use so a simple reader fits me perfectly (gave the 1st Ed. to my Mom).  I usually try to get to a WiFi hot spot on Fridays for the "FREE FRIDAYS".   Once connected, all I get is the B&N recommends these books, mags & etc. BUT no "Free Friday" book.  I have tried turning it off and restarting as suggested BUT it still does not appear!  Since I must do most of my "Wish List" on the computer I really wish it would sync with the NST.    Please could someone help me figure out how to get Free Fridays to display!    Other than that I am glad for B&N ereaders, got me back into reading!

Bibliophile
bklvr896
0 Kudos

Re: Free Fridays & Wish List sync

MomWii wrote:

Had my Nook 1st Edition for only 4 months and switched to the Simple Touch as a Christmas present to myself!  I live nowhere near WiFi for everyday use so a simple reader fits me perfectly (gave the 1st Ed. to my Mom).  I usually try to get to a WiFi hot spot on Fridays for the "FREE FRIDAYS".   Once connected, all I get is the B&N recommends these books, mags & etc. BUT no "Free Friday" book.  I have tried turning it off and restarting as suggested BUT it still does not appear!  Since I must do most of my "Wish List" on the computer I really wish it would sync with the NST.    Please could someone help me figure out how to get Free Fridays to display!    Other than that I am glad for B&N ereaders, got me back into reading!

If you don't have WiFi, why don't you just "purchase" the free friday book directly on the website, and then you will only need to download it when you get to a WiFi spot.  Same for buying books.  Since my wishlist is also on the computer, I simply buy from the website and then download the books to the Nook when I have time.  In fact, I've always purchased primarily from the website, even with the 1st Edition because I found it easier.  I used the fact that the wish lists synced to add books to my wish list when I was in B&N, which I now cannot do, unless I take my 1st Edition.  You can't even get to the NookBook wish list from the mobile site.

You can always find the free friday book here.