Reader
lmurgia
0 Kudos

Have NOOK Color, thinking of buying NOOK Simple Glow. Will books download to both

I love NOOK Color but battery life is short.  Would like to get a simple glowlight to use in sunlight and extended trips.  Question - If I download books on Nook Color, will they automatically download to the glowlight as well.  I have an original 4G Nook and they do cross download.  Wondering if glowlight will do the same

Distinguished Bibliophile
MacMcK1957
0 Kudos

Re: Have NOOK Color, thinking of buying NOOK Simple Glow. Will books download to both

Absolutely.  I have my whole book collection currently downloaded on my NST, Nook First Edition, Android phone, and iPad.

The only reason not to buy right now would be that it seems likely that a new model is being released in the next few weeks, but OTOH that has caused them to mark down the NST and NST Glow to ridiculously low prices.

Reader
lmurgia
0 Kudos

Re: Have NOOK Color, thinking of buying NOOK Simple Glow. Will books download to both

Thanks so much for your quick reply.  I'm vacationing now with my Color and am jealous that my friend with Simple Glow just keeps reading and reading without having to plug in!  Any idea what the new product might have as enhancements?

Mercury_Glitch
0 Kudos

The speculation has the enhancements at the following

1) sharper screen resolution

2) better light coverage (for the glowlight)

3) color eink (personally I am skeptical of this)

4) Maybe android 4.0, and some basic things like a web browser (again I am skeptical, esp. of the web browser)

Things we -know-

1) Same general shape as the NST/G models out there now

2) 4GB as opposed to the 2GB (at least in the FCC test model)

We know the new device will be announced soon. 

The Wheel weaves as the Wheel wills, and we are only the thread of the Pattern.
MacMcK1957

... and frankly I don't see the point.  I use my NST for reading.  Text.  If I want to read color magazines with pretty pictures I want things like zoom capability that an e-ink device just can't give, so I use a tablet for that.

bobstro

lmurgia wrote:

[...]  I have an original 4G Nook and they do cross download.  Wondering if glowlight will do the same

If your older N1E is still working, I'd wait for the new model just to see what's new. I expect they'll still have some older NSTG around, possibly at even better sale prices. Unless you'll really use the glow light, will the current NSTG offer that much more in the next few weeks?

I definitely recommend an eInk device, even if you're a heavy LCD device user. It's nice having a device you can ignore for a few days and have it be ready to go, be able to leave a charger behind once in a while, and stretch out at the beach or outdoors and read without having to hide in the shade.

bobstro
0 Kudos

MacMcK1957 wrote:

... and frankly I don't see the point. 

Especially if it significantly ups the price. The price differential between an LCD color device and what an eInk would presumably have to sell for to turn a profit is pretty narrow. Color eInk might have been hot stuff 2 years ago. Now, I think it'd be pretty anticlimatic unless it's something startingly clear (and cheap).