Contributor
St_Claire
0 Kudos

How do I delete books I checked out from the public library from my NST?

They are not still in Adobe Digital Editions. Only the titles remain in my NOOK library, the books do not open.

Inspired Scribe
kamas716
0 Kudos

Re: How do I delete books I checked out from the public library from my NST?

It's been so long since I borrowed a book with my NST, but IIRC you can double tap the cover and it will bring up a page with an option to delete it.  WiFi might have to be on as well.

http://www.goodreads.com/kamas716
Correspondent
FulltimeRVer
0 Kudos

If you are saying that the books appear on the NOOK but not in the "Borrowed" section of ADE, simply plug the NOOK in to your computer, start ADE, navigate to the NOOK section of ADE and click the arrow next to each book.  One of the options is to delete the book.

In Windows Explorer, right-click on the NOOK and select Eject from the menu.  You MUST "eject" the NOOK before unplugging it from your computer.  Now you can unplug it from your computer.

Dave
Wordsmith
Melissa19
0 Kudos

Library books on e-ink nooks have to be deleted by plugging your nook into your pc and navigating to the digital edtions folder on your "nook". Right click on each book and delete. Properly eject nook.
Melissa19
New User
emilymom
0 Kudos

Plug your nook into the computer and open Adobe Reader just like you would if you were going to download a book.  Now click on the NOOK word in Adobe on the left side.  You will get a list of all of the library books that are on your Nook.  Go to the small arrow at the top of the book cover and click "Delete Book" or "Return Book" whichever the case may be.  That will actually remove them from your Nook.

I didn't know about doing that with the first version of the Nook I had and ended up with hundreds of books still on it that I couldn't actually see.  I think that was what was causing problems and was the reason I bought a NST.  With the NST you can still actually "see" the book and not access like you are saying. But with the old on you could not longer "see" it, but it was still there.

Hope that helps.