Contributor
LindaRosita
0 Kudos

How to format card

I have the message that my storage is almost full- but I have a memory card that is empty. So why is this? I am told to format the card but I have no clue how. My laptop has nowhere to insert it (some say to insert it) Any help? I know I will probably have to archive some books...but shouldn't I be okay in space with the card in place?

Inspired Scribe
kamas716
0 Kudos

Re: How to format card

LindaRosita wrote:

I have the message that my storage is almost full- but I have a memory card that is empty. So why is this?

The NST has partitioned memory.  Some memory is reserved for B&N content, and the amount of memory happens to be hidden from view (about 1 GB, I think, after the operating system is loaded).  Some memory is available for sideloaded content (240 MB).  Plus, you also have the ability to add an SD card for extra memory up to 16 GB.

I am told to format the card but I have no clue how. My laptop has nowhere to insert it (some say to insert it) Any help? I know I will probably have to archive some books...but shouldn't I be okay in space with the card in place?

Once you have inserted the microSD card into the NST, you should be able to go to "settings" - "device info" - "SD card" and then "Format SD card".

You're SD card will hold sideloaded material.  It will not automatically populate once the internal memory is filled.  To clear up internal memory, you'll have to sideload some books.  After that, you should be able to archive either from the internal memory or from the website.

http://www.goodreads.com/kamas716
Correspondent
Byteguy
0 Kudos

kamas716 wrote:
Once you have inserted the microSD card into the NST, you should be able to go to "settings" - "device info" - "SD card" and then "Format SD card".

You may have to choose "unmount" before it will let you format the card.

Contributor
LindaRosita
0 Kudos

okay...can I put books I buy from the B&N store onto my memory card? if so, how? I have the nook simple touch.

Correspondent
Byteguy
0 Kudos

It's called "sideloading"

You pull a copy down using the PC program, hook up your nook, and then push the file using the program.  That can go into the extra memory or the SD card.

Search the forum.  Here is one thread with links:

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/NOOK-First-Edition-General/sideloading/m-p/780508/highlight/t...

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 49 members 373 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: