New User
fatcat88
0 Kudos

Is the NST charging cable same as the Phone Micro USB cable?

I got my NST few days ago. I charge it with the Micro USB cable come with it and put some books in the micro sd card. It works very good. Today I bring it to office and try to use my Samsung S3's micro USB cable to put some more books in. But it only charge, the computer didn't detect the NST. Is the cable came with it different from the S3 cable?

Correspondent
Wulfraed
0 Kudos

Re: Is the NST charging cable same as the Phone Micro USB cable?

Is the phone's cable a data cable or a charge only cable (one of my cables has a small tag at one end that says charge-only)

Baron Wulfraed
Correspondent
Byteguy
0 Kudos

It "should" work (unless, as Wulfread says it's a charge-only cable).  Yes, the NST uses the standard cable.  I've used mine with cables that came with multiple phones, tablets, and other devices.

But, I've had some cables that just don't like some phones/tablets/nooks/whatever.  No obvious reason.  I just try another cable and toss the one that doesn't "play nice" since I seem to have collected so darn many cables over the years.

Distinguished Bibliophile
MacMcK1957
0 Kudos

I've got half-a-dozen micro-USB cables that came with different phones and devices, and never had any problem with using them on my NST or N1E before that.

New User
fatcat88
0 Kudos

I try 2 other cables for my 2 other phones at home. It both work OK. Maybe the one in my office is bad or doesn't like the NST. Thank you for all the reply and help!