Distinguished Bibliophile
bobstro

Re: Keeping the record straight

I'm not talking to you.
Distinguished Scribe
Ya_Ya

Wait, wait, wait.

A poster is all up in arms because he believes people have suggested he has no right to his opinions.  (Never mind that nobody else saw that, just strong disagreement with said opinions.)

That same poster is telling other people to shut up?

Distinguished Correspondent
nlstein
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I promised to stop posting if I was left alone and no snide remarks were made. It could not be done. I told NO one to shut up!

I ask one more time, PLEASE leave me out of this conversation and I'll stay out of it too.

I don't know how else to ask. If this doesn't work there will be little doubt as to who wants to continue this and who doesn't. Everyone will know.

ENOUGH! PLEASE!

MacBoy
bobstro
0 Kudos

Guys, you had me going. All in a dozen lines of python you say? Impressive. A bit more work and it might well pass the Turing tests. Well done, and congratulations to all.
keriflur

nlstein
0 Kudos

The "No one cares" tag to my last post on this thread is cute. This way who ever put it up can hide. I can only guess that who ever put it up thinks he/she is VERY smart! Well I noticed it and I think you have no guts!

If you don't like what I have to say about this or anything else - say so in the open. Otherwise keep it to yourself.

MacBoy
MacMcK1957

nlstein wrote:

The "No one cares" tag to my last post on this thread is cute. This way who ever put it up can hide. I can only guess that who ever put it up thinks he/she is VERY smart! Well I noticed it and I think you have no guts!

If you don't like what I have to say about this or anything else - say so in the open. Otherwise keep it to yourself.

It actually was pretty open.  You didn't realize that tagging is not anonymous?

nlstein
0 Kudos

No I didn't know. I now know who the jerk is. Thanks for the info.
MacBoy
keriflur

[ Edited ]

Wow.  It's been a whole WEEK and you were still watching this thread?!?

Don't you think maybe it's time to let it go and move on?

nlstein
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Yep. I've tried to move on but some people just won't let me since someone else can't let it go. As long as it takes I will be here watching. I won't say a word without provocation. 

MacBoy
roustabout

[ Edited ]

"I've tried to move on"

Have you asked your doctor if there's a medication available?  

I suspect that the display option ("everyone's tags") actually does apply or the thread would have kept churning.  According to the thread display, that tag was applied not today but "monday," implying a week ago.  

As for me, I considered either a poem or a quiz, or both, made up entirely of exact, verbatim quotes from the thread entitled 

"Make It Sound Like I Said Something I Didn't"

with points awarded for spotting the in context / out of context of each stanza.  (Some of the in context stuff is every bit as entertaining as careful yet precise quoting.)  

Assembling it would have been fun, but actually doing it - well, footage of harp seal harvests come to mind.  

After reading the last of nlstein's posts on monday, my girlfriend said "now, wait.  what if he's nine?"

And she has a point;  between the often hilarious spelling flubs and the apparent lack of experience, it doesn't seem sporting.  

So I held back; just in this thread, I almost have a marriage proposal (as an fyi, the nice Russian ladies send photos, and I'm a 'test drive' sort of guy) not to mention making my gf laugh and that's her second favorite thing I do for her.  

But hey, if nlstein's going to notice and kvetch about a tag a week later...

"no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized." Fourth Amendment to the US Constitution.
Frequent Contributor
byter67

This thread has served its purpose. In my opinion it ought to be locked down or removed. It has moved from the sublime to the ridiculous.

keriflur

nlstein wrote:

As long as it takes I will be here watching.

Moving on and letting go mean NOT being here watching.  Seriously, this is not healthy.  Are you really that worried that some stranger might say something about you on the internet?  If it's that big a concern for you, maybe the internet is not the best place for you to be?

I'm not telling you to go away.  I'm just saying that being obsessed (and yeah, continuing to check a dead thread is obsessive) is not a good way to be.  There are better things you could be doing with your time than stalking dead threads.

bobstro
0 Kudos

keriflur wrote:

I was actually very impressed with the power of the Kittehs! It's a shame the truce had to be broken.

Now... where were we?

DeanGibson
Topics: 92
Kudos: 2,240
Solutions: 18

I can't help it

bobstro wrote:

keriflur wrote:

I was actually very impressed with the power of the Kittehs! It's a shame the truce had to be broken.

Now... where were we?

Last.

2 Nook HD/8GB + 2 Nook HD+/16GB: B&N 2.2.0 rooted
2 Nook Touch (one Ltd. Ed.): B&N 1.2.1 rooted; Dell Venue 8 Pro: Windows 8.1
2 Nook 1stEd/3G: B&N 1.7.0 rooted.; Acer Iconia A500: Android 4.0.3 rooted;
Nook Color: B&N 1.4.3 rooted; Samsung Galaxy Tab2 (7.0"): Android 4.2.2 rooted
Customer loyalty is earned, not commanded or deserved, and easily lost.
Never suspect intent where incompetence will do.
nlstein
0 Kudos

Re: I can't help it

Since I don't recall hiring any of you as my psych, you don't have to worry about my mental health. I'm fine and find the comments offensive (but that's not new) - just curious to see who here is nice and who is not for future reference.

Apparently others are also watching this tread - interesting. Could this be a case of the pot calling the kettle black?

I can keep this up all day OR we can drop it. It's up to you guys.

MacBoy
bobstro
0 Kudos

green

DeanGibson
Topics: 92
Kudos: 2,240
Solutions: 18

[ Edited ]

gradient_illusion.jpg

Note:  The horizontal grey bar is a constant color.  How it is perceived is a function of the background.

ps: No one reads this thread unless they want to, but there's a difference between reading a thread which has popped up near the top of the forum thread list due to a reply, and continuing to visit a thread that had been dead for a week.

2 Nook HD/8GB + 2 Nook HD+/16GB: B&N 2.2.0 rooted
2 Nook Touch (one Ltd. Ed.): B&N 1.2.1 rooted; Dell Venue 8 Pro: Windows 8.1
2 Nook 1stEd/3G: B&N 1.7.0 rooted.; Acer Iconia A500: Android 4.0.3 rooted;
Nook Color: B&N 1.4.3 rooted; Samsung Galaxy Tab2 (7.0"): Android 4.2.2 rooted
Customer loyalty is earned, not commanded or deserved, and easily lost.
Never suspect intent where incompetence will do.
keriflur

bobstro
0 Kudos

It's a software bug.