Wordsmith
SCIONTX
0 Kudos

[N2E] NOOK Touch Won't Sync with NOOK Android App

Has this sync thing ever worked? I've heard people with a NOOKcolor and NOOK 1 could never sync. I've heard people using NOOK apps could never sync with a NOOKcolor or NOOK 1. Now it seems the NOOK 2 has the same issue. Come on B&N what is the problem???!!! People are buying a NOOK and NOOKcolor and/or using NOOK apps and expect to be able to sync. This is basic stuff that Amazon have beend doing for some time. I've never read that someone has successfully synced last place read. Unreal.

Both of my devices are always connected to WiFi. I press the sync icon and it rotates.

Reader 2
krgp
0 Kudos

Re: [N2E] NOOK Touch Won't Sync with NOOK Android App

My biggest disappointment with my new N2E is that it doesn't sync with my other apps (nookstudy, iphone, ipad) like the N1E. 

I'm shocked that this seemingly common functionality is missing from the new machine without a whisper from BN about it. 

New User
pjm61205
0 Kudos

I just called customer service and they confirmed that the Nook touch does not sync with anything.

I find this very disappointing and am going to return my Nook.  Amazon will be releasing a touch version of the kindle soon anyways.

Being able to sync between phone, computer and Nook should definitely be a provided feature - or BN should tell us when it will  be available.

Distinguished Bibliophile
keriflur
0 Kudos

pjm61205 wrote:

I just called customer service and they confirmed that the Nook touch does not sync with anything.

I find this very disappointing and am going to return my Nook.  Amazon will be releasing a touch version of the kindle soon anyways.

Being able to sync between phone, computer and Nook should definitely be a provided feature - or BN should tell us when it will  be available.

The CS person who told you that is FOS.  The N2E IS supposed to sync, it's just that some devices are having issues.  There are a number of people on the boards who have no sync issues at all and I've seen one or two people having issues because they don't want the device to sync and it's syncing.

I'm not saying that you shouldn't return your nook, just that it might be the particular device, not all nooks.

In my experience, B&N CS will say whatever pops into their head, true or not.  They hear rumors and repeat them, or they make up stuff.  They are not a reliable source of information, unfortunately.  :smileysad:

New User
pjm61205
0 Kudos

thanks for the help . . . i was unable to find info that it is supposed to sync anywhere in official documentation. do you know of anything?

Distinguished Bibliophile
keriflur
0 Kudos

This may help you.  It's sort of a manual work around.

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/NOOK-General-Discussion/N2E-It-does-sync-with-other-devices-b...

For more info, just do a search.

New User
RidleyWalker
0 Kudos

For what it's worth, I've found that in at least one case I've tested (reading on both my phone and a rooted Nook Color [i.e., it's working just as an ordinary Android tablet, not a Nook anymore]), that everything except reading position would sync in both directions. The reading position would sync only from the phone to the tablet, but bookmarks from the tablet, as well as highlighting, would sync to the phone. 

So, people with sync problems might want to check that before they go to the trouble of a return. 

If that is in fact the case for you, then you can enable a simple workaround: Set a bookmark before you stop reading on the device. You would need to do that, then close the book, before it would sync. (I'd suggest also manually touching the sync button on the nook app home screen, though that doesn't always seem to be necessary in my case.)