Contributor
fuzzyballerina

NST 1.1 WiFi issue Corportate came to my house!

I have been calling them weekly RE: the WiFi issue since the November update. My home is close to the corporate office, so they called me to do "a field TEST" of the update they are working on to address the problem. Seriously, 3 people came to my home, a WiFi Platform Architect, a Product Readiness Engineer, and Digital Support Supervisor!  Their software does work with my CenturyLink Westell 7500. 

For now I have been humbled. I saw it and touched it. Corporate is listening, AND working on a fix.

Too bad they wouldn't leave the BETA software on my NST, Their goal is to make sure the new update works with several platforms before release. :smileytongue:

Distinguished Bibliophile
MacMcK1957
0 Kudos

Re: NST 1.1 WiFi issue Corportate came to my house!

Wow.

Distinguished Scribe
Sun_Cat

How interesting! Thanks for posting that. I'm mildly impressed -- though it's hard to explain why it's taken them three months to get to beta when some folks over at XDA Developers diagnosed the problem in a week or so. Better late than never.

Please visit me on Goodreads. Currently reading:
Journey Into Now by Leonard Jacobson
Wordsmith
Fred011
0 Kudos

Sorry if I missed a previously posted message, I'm just getting used to navigating this board, but whom were you calling?  Was it Technical Support, or a corporate contact number?

Contributor
fuzzyballerina
0 Kudos

Fred011 wrote:

Sorry if I missed a previously posted message, I'm just getting used to navigating this board, but whom were you calling?  Was it Technical Support, or a corporate contact number?

I was calling regular Technical support and ALWAYS asking to speak to a manager after the customer service person was done takng my information (tier two escalation?). I beleive my case was escalated to tier 3 (the corporate people who came to my house). made sure my complaint was logged.

Just buzz words. 

Be gentle with the Customer Service person who initally answers the call, they usually want to FIX this problem with the standard protocol, that is when I would gently say "please review my notes, I have done this several times already since the update in November,I just want to talk to the manager and find out when this will be fixed, every week I am told another week two. I am loosing my patients. I just want to be able to use my nook at home".  These calls do/did take at least 20 min of my time per call.

Distinguished Bibliophile
keriflur
0 Kudos

Wow.  I admire your commitment and I'm really glad to see it's paying off.

Wordsmith
Fred011
0 Kudos

fuzzyballerina wrote:

Fred011 wrote:

I was calling regular Technical support and ALWAYS asking to speak to a manager after the customer service person was done takng my information (tier two escalation?). I beleive my case was escalated to tier 3 (the corporate people who came to my house). made sure my complaint was logged.

Just buzz words. 

Be gentle with the Customer Service person who initally answers the call, they usually want to FIX this problem with the standard protocol, that is when I would gently say "please review my notes, I have done this several times already since the update in November,I just want to talk to the manager and find out when this will be fixed, every week I am told another week two. I am loosing my patients. I just want to be able to use my nook at home".  These calls do/did take at least 20 min of my time per call.

I fully appreciate and agree with your position of how to relate to the initial Customer Service contact.  As frustrating as it is to deal with the "scripted" responses we have to put up with, being overly aggressive and/or abusive will generally not get you too far.  The problem is that you and the tech rep have mutually exclusive goals, you to advance your issue to a higher level and he/she to keep the issue from elevating to a higher level thus admitting that he/she could not resolve the issue.  Or from a more cynical viewpoint, that he/she could not just get rid of you and your complaint/issue.

Sometimes I have gotten terrible support/service from companies you would expect to do much better and conversely I have been pleasantly surprised by the level of support from folks that you expect little from.  You never know.

Well, good luck with your issue.  Keep us posted on what ultimately happens.

Contributor
fuzzyballerina
0 Kudos

Fred011 wrote:

fuzzyballerina wrote:

Fred011 wrote:

Just buzz words. 

I fully appreciate and agree with your position of how to relate to the initial Customer Service contact.  As frustrating as it is to deal with the "scripted" responses we have to put up with, being overly aggressive and/or abusive will generally not get you too far.  The problem is that you and the tech rep have mutually exclusive goals, you to advance your issue to a higher level and he/she to keep the issue from elevating to a higher level thus admitting that he/she could not resolve the issue.  Or from a more cynical viewpoint, that he/she could not just get rid of you and your complaint/issue.

Sometimes I have gotten terrible support/service from companies you would expect to do much better and conversely I have been pleasantly surprised by the level of support from folks that you expect little from.  You never know.

Well, good luck with your issue.  Keep us posted on what ultimately happens.

I must admit, one time I requested a manager, the person put me on hold for a couple of minutes, then came back and said "my manger is not available right now, but suggested we try this" which was no different than things tried before. I humored the person, did the steps and when it didn't work asked again to spek to the manager, was put on hold for almost 10 minutes then transferred to a Spanish speaking voice mailbox... So, I left a message stating my callback information, my nook serial number, who I was speaking with, how long I was on hold, how I was transferred to this number, that I didn't speak spanish and how disappointed I was that I was transferred to this extention and that I was expecting a call back from a manager." 

I kept my cool, though some days you can't win them all :smileylol: 

Perhaps March will be the month :smileyhappy: