Contributor
dbgVA
0 Kudos

NST Not Charging

I'm not getting a good connection between the charger and the microUSB port.  I've tried a couple of different chargers so I'm pretty sure it's the port itself. 

Does anyone know if this is repairable, or if it's going to cost me as much as a new Nook?

Inspired Scribe
kamas716
0 Kudos

Re: NST Not Charging

Does it charge with the wall charger?
http://www.goodreads.com/kamas716
Distinguished Bibliophile
bobstro
0 Kudos

Have you tried different cables? A micro-USB cable like used on most phones should work. The cable gets a lot of flex and might be damaged. If it is the connector on the device, unless you know someone proficient with soldering, it might be prohibitively expensive, even if you find someone to do the work.
Contributor
dbgVA
0 Kudos

Yes, I've used a wall charger and I've tried differnt cords.  I'm sure the problem is with the Nook itself, the microUSB port seems to be loose so I'm not getting a good connection between the Nook and the cable. 

I figured it was probably not worth repairing, for the price of an hours labor I could buy a new one. 

Been looking for an excuse to buy a Nook HD+, guess I have one know.  Was hoping to keep the NST for my daily commute on the Washington Metro (less likely to get stolen) but looks like I will just end up recycling it instead.