New User
gpjenny
0 Kudos

NST keeps connecting and disconnecting from computer

I can't connect my nook to my computer.  It connects and then disconnects then connects then disconnects and keeps doing that until I unplug it.  I can't eject or safely remove, I just have to unplug it.  What can I do?  I can't put library books on it now, because it won't stay connected.

Correspondent
Wulfraed
0 Kudos

Re: NST keeps connecting and disconnecting from computer

Search Device Manager (I presume Windows) for anything that is Nook and delete that "device". Reboot (I'm tempted to suggest a full power cycle, not just a restart). Try connecting the Nook.

If that is no solution, find another computer and connect -- if problem, it is Nook; otherwise it is you computer.

Baron Wulfraed
Distinguished Bibliophile
roustabout
0 Kudos

Re: NST keeps connecting and disconnecting from computer

It's also worth doing a full restart of the NST.  If there is an SD card in the NST, possibly worth taking it out while you connect to the computer to see if it's making trouble - I've had SD cards throw hairballs and create unusual behavior before, though not this behavior in particular. 

"no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized." Fourth Amendment to the US Constitution.