Frequent Contributor
ColleenBland
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

New Glowlight Serial Number

I've noticed that there is no SD card slot on my new Glowlight. So.... there is no external posting of the serial number. Does this mean that the device must running in order to recover the SN? What if it breaks and I need to use the warranty to replace it? Will anyone be able to find which glowlight in my account is the defective one if I have multiple Glowlights registered to me, or will I need to have all of them with me to eliminate which is which? Curiously perplexed by this small development. 

Distinguished Bibliophile
keriflur
0 Kudos

Re: New Glowlight Serial Number

Have you checked the back of the device?

flyingtoastr
Topics: 55
Kudos: 2,980
0 Kudos

Yeah, this is a pain in the butt support-wise.

They have model numbers and FCC ID's on the back, but no serial number.

Bibliophile
bklvr896

Since I normally can't read the serial numbers on any of the electronic devices I have, the print is way to small, I just have a file on my computer with the device, model number, serial number and date I purchased it.

Mercury_Glitch

I have not verified this, but supposedly the grey bezel can be removed and the SN is under it.  I'm not exactly feeling like testing this out on my NGL, maybe I'll muck around with the demos at work tomorrow. 

Honestly it seems like B&N has been trying to make it harder to check the SN since they launched the NST.  Putting it on the bit you pull out to change the SD card as a text that can be scratched off (even accidentally).  Then the Nook HD/+ saw the microscopic SN that also could be scratched off. 

The Wheel weaves as the Wheel wills, and we are only the thread of the Pattern.
Correspondent
Marty-TX
0 Kudos

Don't know about the new Glowlight, but the Nook ST has product info in "Settings". Take a photo of the screen and save it on your computer. (Or frame it and keep it on your nightstand.) :smileyhappy:

Marty

Serial Number.jpg

Mercury_Glitch

I can now confirm it's under the grey bezel, which is removable, it's tiny but it's there, right by the power plug.

The Wheel weaves as the Wheel wills, and we are only the thread of the Pattern.
Inspired Wordsmith
BFCoughlin
0 Kudos

Good grief!  I don't like the idea of having to deconstruct my device in order to find the serial number! 

MacMcK1957
0 Kudos

For the overwhelming majority of people, if you only have one of a particular model, you can easily find it from the "My Nook" link at the top of the page, in the "Manage My Nook" option. Once it's registered you can easily find the SN there without dismantling anything.
Bibliophile
bklvr896
0 Kudos

Correspondent
Byteguy

Long ago, I got in the habit of tossing all the manuals and bits that came with an electronic in a plastic back (most fit in a quart zip-lock) along with the serial number cut from the box and a copy of the receipt (originalsfade too quickly).

I label it and put it on a shelf in the garage with all the other bags..

It's been great when I have to go back later to get purchase information or figure out how to change the time on my stereo.