Reader
ChristianWilson

New nook, trouble with Twitter integration

Hello, I haven't seen this mentioned at all yet but I am curious if this is a bug or not. I got the new nook and I love everything about it so far. It's a great reading device. I wanted to take advantage of the Twitter integration and ran into a problem. When I get to the screen to type my Twitter username and password, I touch the field for my username, the cursor comes up, but the keyboard does not. I can't type anything. When I touch the password field, the keyboard pops right up without an issue. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a workaround? I did try rebooting the device but it didn't seem to help.
Contributor
Gunmetalgray
0 Kudos

Re: New nook, trouble with Twitter integration

Im having the same issue. When i tap the user name field the curser binks in it, but no keyboard. When i press and hold the User name field the keyboard comes up. But the field dosent respond to any inputs.

Contributor
Gunmetalgray

[ Edited ]

Ok i exited the social area by htting the back button, went back in, held my finger down on the username field till the keyboard came up. I was abe to enter my account info in. Looks like a bug.

Reader
ChristianWilson

Thanks for the update!

I did the same thing you did with no luck, however, I then started tapping above the username field and it brought me to a regular Twitter login page (I must have tapped a link on accident). I logged in, went back to the Social page, and Twitter was already logged in. It let me authorize my nook for use.

Definitely seems like a bug. Hopefully it will be fixed soon but thankfully it isn't completely broken!

Distinguished Correspondent
Arestelle

[ Edited ]

My Nook just arrived today and I had the same issue, except the keyboard didn't come up for the password either - was just thinking about posting a thread. I don't know if holding the username field would pull it up, because I found my way to a regular log-in screen that pulled the keyboard up correctly. Logged in there, used the back arrow to return to the sharing settings, clicked to link Twitter again and was logged in already. Clicked Authorize and now it appears to be linked.

One note - the screen seemed to get stuck on a "processing" page, so I wasn't sure if it had logged me in. It had.

So...gonna go with this is a bug, as it didn't happen when I tried linking to FB.

"One day a tortoise will learn how to fly."--Pratchett, Small Gods

Reading: The Demon-Haunted World
Last book read: Leon Martin and the Fantasy Girl (as a test reader--not yet published)
Distinguished Bibliophile
keriflur
0 Kudos

I got the keyboard for twitter (I didn't get it for facebook) but when I clicked to authorize the account nothing happened.  The little spinning icon that indicates the nook is working came up and then went away with no change.  I know my login and password were correct.  :smileysad:

I'll have to try again later - maybe if I go to the main twitter page I can get it to work that way.

Inspired Contributor
tattooedmommie
0 Kudos

I had the same issue with my Twitter username.

I rebooted my Nook and it worked just fine.

-- Jonna

When the Power of Love becomes stronger than the Love of Power, the world will know peace - Jimi Hendrix
Distinguished Bibliophile
keriflur
0 Kudos

keriflur wrote:

I got the keyboard for twitter (I didn't get it for facebook) but when I clicked to authorize the account nothing happened.  The little spinning icon that indicates the nook is working came up and then went away with no change.  I know my login and password were correct.  :smileysad:

I'll have to try again later - maybe if I go to the main twitter page I can get it to work that way.

To update - I tried again after a restart and it worked.

Inspired Contributor
tattooedmommie
0 Kudos

Awesome, glad the reboot worked for you as well!

-- Jonna

When the Power of Love becomes stronger than the Love of Power, the world will know peace - Jimi Hendrix