New User
Kaushad
0 Kudos

Nook SImple Touch screen issues.

Recently my NST failed, I brought it to B&N and got a replacement.  They got me a new certified pre-owned nook simple touch.  The screen is not calibrated well, at all.  On the B&N registration, when I hit the "accept" button, it scrolled down every time.  I managed to get through the registration through trial and error(since different places on the screen selected different things, ie, when I tap the button to change to numbers, it types "e").  Now that I have it registered, when it is at the lock screen and prompts me to swipe my finger across, it doesn't register.  When it first turned on after the registration, I would hit the home button, and tap settings and it would register it as somewhere in the middle of the screen.

Should I just take this one back to B&N and ask for another replacement? It is still under the same warranty my other was on.  This is getting tedious.

Inspired Bibliophile
LarryOnLI
0 Kudos

Re: Nook SImple Touch screen issues.

Kaushad wrote:

Recently my NST failed, I brought it to B&N and got a replacement.  They got me a new certified pre-owned nook simple touch.  The screen is not calibrated well, at all.  On the B&N registration, when I hit the "accept" button, it scrolled down every time.  I managed to get through the registration through trial and error(since different places on the screen selected different things, ie, when I tap the button to change to numbers, it types "e").  Now that I have it registered, when it is at the lock screen and prompts me to swipe my finger across, it doesn't register.  When it first turned on after the registration, I would hit the home button, and tap settings and it would register it as somewhere in the middle of the screen.

Should I just take this one back to B&N and ask for another replacement? It is still under the same warranty my other was on.  This is getting tedious.

By all means if it is not working properly take it back.

But first you might want to try cleaning around the edge of the screen with a Q-Tip.

Remember that the NST is not a touch screen device, it uses infrared sensors located under the screen bezel to detect your finger position.

Distinguished Bibliophile
keriflur
0 Kudos

Yes, take it back.  If you can find the employee that you worked with the first time and work with them again, you should.  That person will remember you, and if you show up a third time, they'll be able to recall your previous two issues and may be able to get you a non-CPO replacement (sometimes the stores can do this, it's a bit complicated on their end, but it does happen).

bobstro

[ Edited ]

keriflur wrote:

[...] they'll be able to recall your previous two issues and may be able to get you a non-CPO replacement 

And if not, and your 3rd CPO replacement is gold and talks funny, watch out!

Reader 4
bailey554
0 Kudos

I would absolutely bring it back to B&N.  They will have no problem replacing it with another one.  The one you have certainly will not be a pleasure to use at all.

Mercury_Glitch

Take it in.  Find whoever helped you the first time.  Explain what happened, and maybe remind them they helped you (we help ALOT of people on a daily basis, replacing a Nook is generally not a 'stand out from the crowd' experience for us). 

As Keri said we can return it for a new one.  It's not really complicated it's just an exception to the rule.  Typically this is how it goes

New Nook purchase -- CPO 1 - CPO 2 - CPO 3 - New Nook.  (Then we track down a random Nook product tester and .... oh I probably shouldn't reveal our 'retraining' methods :smileywink: ). 

The above is generally what has happened.  When people are nice or calmly explain their situation things can go better for them.  When people come in screaming they usually leave being treated strictly to policy.  And by nice I don't mean treat the salesperson like the second coming or anything.  Treat them like a friend, you'd be surprised how much it's appreciated.  And how much it can make their day.  It might not get you what you want -then- but that person will likely remember you and try to help you out more in the future. 

I've had days where I've been close to just walking out in the middle of my shift, and then I've had a customer who actually treated me like a human. 

The Wheel weaves as the Wheel wills, and we are only the thread of the Pattern.