Contributor
jamiecadence
0 Kudos

Nook Simple Touch not responding to anything!

My nook is fairly new and looks like it's cracked but isn't. There are random images in random places on the screen and will not respod to ANYTHING!!! I have tried taking out the battery for 1/2 hour, charging with & without battery in, holding power button for 5, 10, 15, 20, 45 & 60 seconds, pressing power button with left & right buttons, hard/soft resets, factory reset, entire reset, and all of the other resets that I could find. I've tried EVERYTHING that I could possibly find!!! PLEASE help!

Distinguished Bibliophile
keriflur
0 Kudos

Re: Nook Simple Touch not responding to anything!

Contact Customer Service.  If your nook is fairly new then it should still be under warranty.

Inspired Scribe
kamas716

keriflur wrote:

Contact Customer Service.  If your nook is fairly new then it should still be under warranty.

that may not be possible anymore.  he said he took the batter out for half an hour.

http://www.goodreads.com/kamas716
keriflur
0 Kudos

kamas716 wrote:

keriflur wrote:

that may not be possible anymore.  he said he took the batter out for half an hour.

He should be okay as long and it was reassembled correctly, nothing is broken, and he doesn't tell CS that he did it.

Contributor
jamiecadence
0 Kudos

Wouldn't they see the broken warranty sticker?

keriflur
0 Kudos

Well yes, if you broke a warranty sticker than you've voided your warranty for sure. In that case, tell them exactly what you did and why, and maybe they'll still replace your device. Or maybe they won't, but it's worth a shot.