Reader
mom2mitchell
0 Kudos

Nook Simple Touch will not sync for new content

When I look at it, the sync just spins and spins.  Hasn't updated content in a while.  If I manually sync it does the same.  I tried turning off the device, but it didn't help.  I checked the wifi and the signal is strong.  Does anyone have suggestions?  The tech "expert" told me to deregister.  Really?  That drastic??  I was able to download and sideload new books, but it seem ridiculous that I should have to do that.  Thanks for any help!!

Frequent Contributor
geertm
0 Kudos

Re: Nook Simple Touch will not sync for new content

If you were able to download books there is nothing wrong with your account or the registered credit card.

Perhaps something is wrong with you Wifi connection (although you have a strong signal).

Try turning off/on your Wifi router.

If you are not running firmware 1.1.2 than do a manual update. This version improved the Wifi connection.

If that does not solve the problem deregistering is probably the only option left.

Contributor
conta
0 Kudos

i have similar problem:

i run 1.1.2 and library is not updating. when I touch update button it starts to round, but never finish and no books update...

i tried different networks, bookstore  and so on works fine

Contributor
conta
0 Kudos

deregistering device helped

New User
jenniloo
0 Kudos

Really freakin grateful to these CUSTOMER posts. Since I tried directly contacting Customer Support twice and was left on hold indefinitely both times until the chat session timed out due to inactivity on their side. Soooo glad I've spent my hard earned money on purchasing the original Nook, Nook Color, AND the Nook Simple Touch over the last few years. Just  so 'happy' with the 'great' customer service. 

Ugh.

Distinguished Bibliophile
keriflur

First off, you're repying to a really old thread.   Second, DO NOT DREGISTER YOUR DEVICE.

There is a known issue where the NST is not syncing libraries for newly registered nooks, and if you deregister you will lose everything.  Please see this thread for more info.

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/NOOK-Simple-Touch-Support/Library-won-t-sync-to-new-NST-w-glo...

Reader 2
beccabook
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Sorry, didn't realize this thread was old!  Never mind!

New User
Salmax
0 Kudos

I deregistered and it did help. I also found that in order to get the two devices - in my case that would be Nook Color and Simple Touch - I needed to return to the library when I finished reading. Sync the library and go to the other device and open the library first, then sync, then open the book. It worked going in both directions but opening and closing along with sync for each was the key before opening the book.

Hope this helps.