New User
Woopate
0 Kudos

Nook Simple Touch with Glowlight not connecting to PC

Hey there.

My girlfriend picked up a Nook SimpleTouch with glowlight for me as a gift.

I attempted to connect it to my PC, but can only get "USB device not recognized" without a successful installation of the device. I have deleted the driver and restarted, then reconnected the Nook Simpletouch to my computer a plurality of times without success (with the Nook "unlocked" and on a page that is not the screensaver.) I tried it in different USB ports, without success. All ports I know to be working well.

I hooked it into a different computer, which it read from instantly and without problem, with the same cable so I know the cable to be working. Trouble is that this is NOT the computer which contains my already extensive ebook collection from a previous eReader (which I tactically ran over with a chair to my horror).

Nook SimpleTouch with Glowlight firmware 1.1.5 Model: BNRV350.

Is there no place where I can manually download the driver?

New User
Woopate
0 Kudos

Re: Nook Simple Touch with Glowlight not connecting to PC

I should add that I'm running Windows 7 64-bit.
Contributor
7hir7een
0 Kudos

That is quite odd.  I run Windows 7 x64 and had no problems with my Nook Glow.  This may seem like a stupid suggestion, but I try it when any devices seem to be acting up -- have you tried plugging the cord into a different USB port on your computer? 

Find and friend me on Goodreads (7hir7een)
New User
ckp527
0 Kudos

I am having the same issue! Tried to read my Glow last night and it wouldn't turn on so I assumed it needed charging, Once plugged into my computer I recieved the notice that the driver was not found. I have used this computer since the purchase and it has always been recognized until today. May computer is Windows 7 64-bit. Where is the driver Barnes & Noble??