Contributor
grammyof3
0 Kudos

Nook simple touch with glow light question about fixing problems with glow screen

Are any of the problems with Nook with glow light being fixed in future NOOK models?  Mine has a tear in the glow and before I buy another one with the same problem, I would like to know if it's being fixed.  I see the reviews are very poor for this model and I really want a new one without this issue.

Distinguished Bibliophile
keriflur

Re: Nook simple touch with glow light question about fixing problems with glow screen

grammyof3 wrote:

Are any of the problems with Nook with glow light being fixed in future NOOK models?  Mine has a tear in the glow and before I buy another one with the same problem, I would like to know if it's being fixed.  I see the reviews are very poor for this model and I really want a new one without this issue.

Right now there are no future eink devices announced, but I would assume that if there is a new device, the screen and light tech will be improved.

The word from B&N is that the tear issue is now (mostly) resolved, so your odds are better, should you decide to buy a new glow, that you won't see the same issue.  No guarantees though.

Mercury_Glitch
0 Kudos

Re: Nook simple touch with glow light question about fixing problems with glow screen

you can get it replaced for a refurbished NSTG if you bought it within a year.  The NSTG is just a bit over a year old now so your odds are good.

That's provided it was purchased through B&N.

The Wheel weaves as the Wheel wills, and we are only the thread of the Pattern.
Inspired Contributor
robertVA
0 Kudos

Mercury_Glitch wrote:

you can get it replaced for a refurbished NSTG if you bought it within a year.  The NSTG is just a bit over a year old now so your odds are good.

Wouldn't that also apply if the device was purchased from a B&N licensed retailer like Target, Walmart or Best Buy?

Mercury_Glitch
0 Kudos

robertVA wrote:

Mercury_Glitch wrote:

Wouldn't that also apply if the device was purchased from a B&N licensed retailer like Target, Walmart or Best Buy?

I've had a 50/50 deal with that, it seems to be up to whatever store support or store manager you happen to get.  I do stress that the employee you're likely to deal with will have very little leeway.  The manager may have a little moree, and store support seems to be above the law at times.

The Wheel weaves as the Wheel wills, and we are only the thread of the Pattern.
keriflur
0 Kudos

Mercury_Glitch wrote:

robertVA wrote:

Mercury_Glitch wrote:

I've had a 50/50 deal with that, it seems to be up to whatever store support or store manager you happen to get.  I do stress that the employee you're likely to deal with will have very little leeway.  The manager may have a little moree, and store support seems to be above the law at times.

I would expect that phone CS would send a CPO regardless of purchase location, as long as the consumer has a valid receipt from within the last year.

Correspondent
FulltimeRVer
0 Kudos

robertVA wrote:

Mercury_Glitch wrote:

Yes.

I bought my initial NSTG at Walmart.  As one after another failed with the dreaded glowholes, I would call B&N and they would send me a replacement.  One replacement was a refurb, the other two were brand new units.

Dave