Distinguished Wordsmith
aditya
0 Kudos

[Nook touch]Book summary/other metadata for sideloads?

[ Edited ]

For the Nook Touch, I've been told that sideloaded epubs (on the SD card) show up in "My Files" in the main library and that the nook reads the author and title info from the book's metadata. Further, that it also uses that info while searching or sorting books. This is all excellent!

However, does anyone know if other metadata fields like book summary, publisher, date, tags, etc. are also read and displayed like they (some of them at least) are for B&N books? On the classic nook, only books in the B&N library (B&N purchased books downloaded directly from the nook) would show book summaries/reviews/star ratings when you tapped on "Book details". Sideloaded books would merely show useless file info like size, filename, etc. Is that still the case?

I'm mostly interested in seeing the book summary for sideloaded epubs (obviously, only in cases where I know that there is such a summary). Does anyone know if this is done?

Store people don't seem to know answers to any questions about sideloaded books, nor do they keep any sideloads on the nook (that would make things very clear as I could then look at some examples myself to see what's supported and what's not).

The cake is a lie.
Distinguished Wordsmith
aditya
0 Kudos

Re: [Nook touch]Book summary/other metadata for sideloads?

Since I couldn't wait, I went out and bought the darn thing :smileytongue:. As I suspected, no metadata read besides author and title (still, guess I should thank B&N for small favors :smileywink:). Not a deal breaker and the other stuff is nice enough to replace my classic nook so I guess I'm keeping it :smileyhappy:.

The cake is a lie.