New User
mehmet22
0 Kudos

Problem on wifi of nook (trying to connect a redirecting university connection)

Hello everybody,

I got a nook simple touch today but it does not connect to net I just read little bit in site and found that updating would be ok. I uptaded the firmware but again the problem is when I try to connect our university connection it says redirected first and after when it passes to screen that I have to enter nickname and password

, I get a page in written

" not found the requested URL/bnhello.html was not found on this server"

"additionaly a 404 not found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request"

How can I solve this problem guys?

Correspondent
Wulfraed
0 Kudos

Re: Problem on wifi of nook (trying to connect a redirecting university connection)

Off hand it sounds like the university is running a firewall that requires one be configured for a proxy server.

I don't believe the Nook works with proxy servers.

Baron Wulfraed
Reader 4
pmm1963
0 Kudos

Re: Problem on wifi of nook - can't complete set-up

Today I got my 3rd nook simple touch in a month - the other two were returned with various problems but the problems did not involve the wifi - they both connected to my home network with no problem at all.  So tonight I swapped #2 for #3 and brought it home and it finds my home network but says it is not in range.  No matter what i try, it shows it as remembered but not  in range.  I cannot complete the setup on this because it needs the internet access and because it is not in range, I don't have access. But i am about 4 feet from my router and my laptop, phone, etc are connected to the router with no problem, and the 2 previous simple touches connected to it with no problem.  I have a Cisco E2500 router.  Does anyone know how I can fix this?  I'm not super tech savvy but had no problem setting up the previous 2 nooks and am at a loss as to what to try next.  Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Inspired Scribe
kamas716
0 Kudos

Re: Problem on wifi of nook - can't complete set-up

pmm1963, what firmware version is #3 using? Some of the older firmware had problems with WiFi connections.
http://www.goodreads.com/kamas716