Frequent Contributor
Zeeker
0 Kudos

Recently Read in Store

On the original nook, whenever you connected to B&N store wifi, there was a menu item which would list books recently read in store.  Simple ... touch, and you were back to where you left off the hour reading session.  That seems to have disappeared on the 'simple' touch.  Now it appears you have to do a search for the book every time you go to B&N.  Am I missing the new menu path, or has that feature been eliminated?

Frequent Contributor
SonDan1
0 Kudos

Re: Recently Read in Store

I finally upgraded to STR only because I misplaced my Nook Classic and I misseddthe read in store feature. I just upgraded when the price dropped to $79.00 since my Kobo readers work perfectly fine.

I found the way to get to the read in store feature by searching every time for the book like you are doing. Not only is that a pain -- but the STR does not keep the place I last stopped reading for me.  I have to spend 5 minutes of my free hour trying to find the place I left off.

So has anyone figured this out yet? Is this a STR bug or the demised of the in-store reading feature?

Thanks for reading.

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." ~Groucho Marx
Frequent Contributor
SonDan1
0 Kudos

Stopped by B&N after work today to read in store and once again I had to search to find my place in the book I am reading. So am I the only1 with this problem?

Does any1 else use the read in store feaure?

Is there a support staffer here to answer questions?

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." ~Groucho Marx
Frequent Contributor
Zeeker
0 Kudos

Dan, you are not alone.

Last night I had to page thru a couple chapters to get to the point I last read.

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.  Never had a problem with the original nook.

Not only do you have to find the page you left off, but you have to search over and over for the book itself.  Sure would be nice if the most recently read book was easier to find.

Frequent Contributor
Markj

The Read in Store feature is widely broken around the country. At many stores, you just can't continue reading after the first day. sometimes it takes a week or month for the local server to catch up with you and let you read again.

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 37 members 249 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: