Inspired Wordsmith
BFCoughlin
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Selling price for NST

I'm planning to buy the new Nook Glow.  I'd like to sell my NST.  It's in excellent condition, and it has a hard case which is also in very good condition.  What would be a reasonable asking price?

Distinguished Bibliophile
MacMcK1957
0 Kudos

Re: Selling price for NST

I'll trade you my N1E for it.

RHWright
0 Kudos

Given that a brand new one is only $79, you'll probably be lucky to get $30-$35 if you're selling it directly yourself. Expect less if you're selling it to a used electronics store that will retail it to someone else.
Correspondent
Byteguy

A quick look at ebay shows people still getting bids in the $50 range (and shows people getting NO bids on $20, go figure).

One thing to remember is that the NST isn't going away so the price of a new one is still $79 and the only other option is to spend $119 on a NGL.

Personally, I tend to offer smaller electronics that I've replaced to my friends for free.  I make them happy, I've gotten "paid" many times over with "sure, I'll help you move, I love the phone you gave me", and I don't have to deal with shipping and the expectations of some buyer I don't know.

Mercury_Glitch
0 Kudos

RHWright wrote:
Given that a brand new one is only $79, you'll probably be lucky to get $30-$35 if you're selling it directly yourself. Expect less if you're selling it to a used electronics store that will retail it to someone else.

The new one is 119, the NST currently retails for 79, and the NSTG retailed for 99 (it's likely still available, but I do not seem them making more). 

The Wheel weaves as the Wheel wills, and we are only the thread of the Pattern.
Inspired Wordsmith
BFCoughlin

Actually, that's what I did last night.  I remembered I had a friend who would love an e-reader, so I offered it to her.  I know she'd want to pay me, and I absolutely don't want that. So I said she could have it for a bottle of wine and a salad and a date for dinner over here.  It's what she always brings whwn she comes, but she won't feel like she's taking something for nothing, which she hates to do.