New User
sb85
0 Kudos

Sign in error "F--301"

I purchased a used Nook Simple Touch. I keep encountering the "Sorry we're having trouble setting up you Nook. Please shutdown the device and try again" message.

The Nook came from the US and I am now connecting from Europe.

Would that be the cause of the error? If so, what I can do about it?

New User
Lisa1212
0 Kudos

Re: Sign in error "F--301"

I'm getting the same message. Very frustrated. I don't believe it has anything to do with you being in Europe. Tech supptort said to reset by pressing both lower right and left buttons when screen is on Read Forever page (upon starting up). A factory reset page is supposed to come up but we couldn't get it to come up on mine. It just goes back into the welcome page. This is a refurb replacement I got yesterday. I purchased my new ST only 12 days ago and the battery was defective. I did reset it from the Device info screen but it still comes up with the same error message. ??? Can anyone help?
New User
thornton02
0 Kudos

I bought mines brand new from catalogue and am in uk and I get the same message says im connected to net but soon as I try to go futher with set up I get error message
Distinguished Bibliophile
keriflur
0 Kudos

thornton02 wrote:
I bought mines brand new from catalogue and am in uk and I get the same message says im connected to net but soon as I try to go futher with set up I get error message

See this thread:

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/NOOK-E-Ink-Support/Error-Sorry-we-re-having-trouble-setting-u...

It seems B&N knows about the issue and is working on it, should be resolved by Tuesday night.