New User
billy_m_67
0 Kudos

Taking Screenshots?

I heard that the Nook Color can take screenshots but the First Edition cannot. Can the Simple Touch take screenshots? If so, how would I do this?

Thanks,

Distinguished Bibliophile
keriflur
0 Kudos

Re: Taking Screenshots?

You cannot take screenshots with the device, if the device is stock.  Hopefully someone with a rooted device will chime in on whether you can do it rooted.

That said, because e-ink is static and reflective, you can get a good shot of the screen with a camera (an actual camera, a smartphone, whatever).  It's not like an LCD screen where you'll get distortion or other issues.

Distinguished Bibliophile
bobstro
0 Kudos

Yes, a rooted NST can take screen shots. I had success using Drocap (free) from the Google Play Store, though others will probably work. I am not aware of any screen capture programs that do NOT require root to function.

Correspondent
Byteguy

I've found that Screen Capture Shortcut (free and paid versions) by tomorrowkey works on many unrooted devices.

Of course, you can't add it to a Nook ST unless it's rooted so it doesn't matter but, if like me, you need a better screen capture for an unrooted phone, it's a nice program to know about.

TS3
New User
TS3
0 Kudos

NHave a rooted NST and installed Drocap. But Can't make it Work.  Help...