Frequent Contributor
tiniree
0 Kudos

Trouble synching Overdrive books with Nook HD+

I have both ADE & Overdrive to get library books to my NSTG. The books show up on my Nook HD+ but won't synch to last page read. Any idea why?
Inspired Scribe
kamas716
0 Kudos

Re: Trouble synching Overdrive books with Nook HD+

aren't library books considered sideloaded? I'm only aware of B&N content synching.
http://www.goodreads.com/kamas716
Bibliophile
bklvr896
0 Kudos

If you are asking about the syncing in the Overdrive app, that only works if you are using the Overdrive app on both devices. The library books are sideloaded on NST, as Kamas pointed out. There's no way for the Overdrive app to connect with the sideloaded library books to give or get any information.
Frequent Contributor
tiniree
0 Kudos

Yeah I was kinda thinking that.  Even though I downloaded the Overdrive app and my library books do show up on my HD+, they pages won't sync.  But, at least I can have the books on both devices.  I'll just have to remember where I was in the book.

Bibliophile
bklvr896
0 Kudos

tiniree wrote:

Yeah I was kinda thinking that.  Even though I downloaded the Overdrive app and my library books do show up on my HD+, they pages won't sync.  But, at least I can have the books on both devices.  I'll just have to remember where I was in the book.

It's not that they won't sync, it's that they can't sync.  The sync comes from the overdrive app storing your place on its server.  To sync, the device has to talk to the server.  There is no app on the NST To talk to the server.