New User
chappellkm
0 Kudos

Unregister lost Nook Simplw Touch and remove it from "My Nook" section

So I had my Nook Simple Touch get run-over by the car about two years ago. Tough break. I went out and grabbed a Nook Simple Touch with Glowlight when it first came out and was pretty happy with it. Unfortunately, when I look under the 'My Nook" section on the B&N website, it still shows my old broken Nook (in addition to the new one, with Glowlight).

I am not worried about the old one being used or anything (it's in pieces), but I would like to unregister it and get it removed from my account. I called Barnes and Noble support, and they said they would take care of it (but nothing's happened as of yet). Has anyone had any luck with removing a lost Nook device from their account and, if so, were you pleased with the outcome?

Correspondent
Byteguy

Re: Unregister lost Nook Simplw Touch and remove it from "My Nook" section

Not sure if this will work, let us know.

Go to:  https://mynook.barnesandnoble.com/devices.html

Hover over the nook and you get a pop-up with "Erase and Deregister Device"

Does that make it go away?

Personally, I desperately wish they would give us "Name this device" so I can tell the difference between my NST and my daughter's NST without having to look at the activation date.

New User
chappellkm
0 Kudos

Re: Unregister lost Nook Simple Touch and remove it from "My Nook" section

Nah Byteguy, that won't work. Those instructions require you to have your Nook (mine was destroyed). If you don't have your Nook, you have to call customer service, and they are less than helpful. Last response I got from them was "we can't unregister and remove your Nook from your account from over here, sorry".

Contributor
IowaAuntie
0 Kudos

Re: Unregister lost Nook Simplw Touch and remove it from "My Nook" section

I just posted about this before I saw your message. I have been calling to have them deregister a dead Nook for over a year with no results. It is very frustrating to be told it will be done and it isn't.