Correspondent
Byteguy
0 Kudos

Re: Using Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) - Library Books and Vendors other than B&N.

No.  ADE is only for text.  You have to use Overdrive Media Console for audiobooks.

New User
SgtKidJoe
0 Kudos

Re: Using Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) - Library Books and Vendors other than B&N.

I can get to step 7, but ADE doe not see Nook+.

I followed these instruction under a differnt profile on the same naotebook, No joy.

I tried it again on a Windows 8 notebook, No Joy.

I cannot find teh Digital Editions with a search.

Ereader is quickly becoming ePIB (Pain in the but).

Any other ideas?

Inspired Scribe
kamas716
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

SgtKidJoe, which Nook do you have? If you have the HD+ the steps are different.

http://www.goodreads.com/kamas716
New User
travelbugLF
0 Kudos

Please help, I have tried the solutions listed and still cannot get the ADE on my computer to recognize my Nook HD. 

Inspired Bibliophile
LarryOnLI
0 Kudos

travelbugLF wrote:

Please help, I have tried the solutions listed and still cannot get the ADE on my computer to recognize my Nook HD. 

You are in the e-ink NOOK forum, and these instructions are for that device.

I do not own a NOOK HD or HD+ so I can't give you specifics, but from reading the other forums it appears the procedure is MUCH different. That is you connect to the library directly from the overdrive app on your HD/HD+ and download the book directly to the device, you do not need to use your computer or ADE.

Distinguished Bibliophile
Mercury_Glitch
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Larry's got it pretty spot on.

You'll need the Overdrive app (free), a library card (free, except for the fact that it's supported through taxes).

I haven't set up Overdrive recently for anyone, so I dunno how they're doing things now.  But it should be a prompt based account creation, then you just find your library, add your card, and select your books.

Overdrive is meant to be easier, and eventually it becomes easier, but it can have more stumbling around than ADE when you're first getting everything up and running.  If you can't get it going, I would suggest posting in the Nook HD support forum.  You're more likely to get the eye of someone who can help you. 

The Wheel weaves as the Wheel wills, and we are only the thread of the Pattern.
New User
dr-drm
0 Kudos

Instructions were very easy to follow.  Unfortunately, behavior of ADE does not follow the written instructions.  I deleted the files from my Nook, but ADE still does not recognize the Nook.   

Reader 4
sdamron45177
0 Kudos

Here's my question. I just got the new Nook HD. Is it compatible with ADE 2.0? I've reinstalled ADE on my laptop (Win 7 64bit) and when I plug my Nook in, ADE does not recognize it. I've deleted the ADE folder on my Nook to no avail. I'm also having a hard time authorizing my laptop which is what I think the issue is. It keeps giving me the error: Activation Server error. code: E_AUTH_NOT_READY. I've tried over and over again to do this with the same results. I've uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times. Not sure what else to do now. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Distinguished Bibliophile
keriflur
0 Kudos

sdamron45177 wrote:

Here's my question. I just got the new Nook HD. Is it compatible with ADE 2.0? I've reinstalled ADE on my laptop (Win 7 64bit) and when I plug my Nook in, ADE does not recognize it. I've deleted the ADE folder on my Nook to no avail. I'm also having a hard time authorizing my laptop which is what I think the issue is. It keeps giving me the error: Activation Server error. code: E_AUTH_NOT_READY. I've tried over and over again to do this with the same results. I've uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times. Not sure what else to do now. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Yes, it's compatible, but you'll need to go over to the HD forum for instructions on how to get it to work.  This is the eink forum, and I know the process to initialize the HD with ADE is different than the one for eink.

Frequent Contributor
geertm
0 Kudos

sdamron45177 wrote:

There is a known problem with the ADE authorization when updating to ADE 2.0 from an older version.

On your laptap start ADE 2.0. Now use CTRL-SHIFT-D to remove the old authorization.

Now you should be able to authorize your laptop with your Adobe ID.

You have to register your Adobe ID in the settings of the Nook HD to authorize the device.
The Nook will not show up in ADE. Just copy the books from your PC to the Nook.

New User
aplspud
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

mrs2house wrote:

Both my computer and nook are authorized.  I have borrowed and read many books from my public library with no problem up until now.  I downloaded two books and put them on my nook.  When I click on one of the books it says "Error Dialog: user not activated."  Please help

I am having this same issue. Any luck with fixing it?

New User
SanGeo
0 Kudos

Re: Using Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) - Library eBooks and non B&N eBooks

I have done this several times. The files disappear from the Nook list, but they are still on the Noon and appear on ADE the next time I open it. Any thoughts? Thanks.
New User
Heather35
0 Kudos

I've been having the same 'user not activated' message when I opened up books I thought I had downloaded. I deleted the ade file on my nook and now ade or the computer won't recognize at all. Unrelated problems maybe? I've been working on downloading my first library book for two days, so frustrating. You seem to know what you're talking about so let me know if you have any advice, thanks!

Frequent Contributor
geertm
0 Kudos

Heather35 wrote:

I've been having the same 'user not activated' message when I opened up books I thought I had downloaded. I deleted the ade file on my nook and now ade or the computer won't recognize at all. Unrelated problems maybe? I've been working on downloading my first library book for two days, so frustrating. You seem to know what you're talking about so let me know if you have any advice, thanks!

There are 2 Adobe folders on the Nook that you have to delete. If you are using a Mac you will see only one Adobe folder, the other will be hidden because the filename starts with a dot. 

After deleting the 2 Adobe folders disconnect the Nook from your PC. Start ADE on your PC. With ADE running on your PC connect the Nook to your PC. ADE should now ask you to authorize your Nook. After authorizing your Nook you should see it in ADE. Now within ADE drag your books to the Nook.

Bibliophile
bklvr896
0 Kudos

geertm wrote:

Heather35 wrote:

There are 2 Adobe folders on the Nook that you have to delete. If you are using a Mac you will see only one Adobe folder, the other will be hidden because the filename starts with a dot. 

After deleting the 2 Adobe folders disconnect the Nook from your PC. Start ADE on your PC. With ADE running on your PC connect the Nook to your PC. ADE should now ask you to authorize your Nook. After authorizing your Nook you should see it in ADE. Now within ADE drag your books to the Nook.

Just a question, which Nook do you have?  It makes a difference if you have an eInk Nook or Nook Color/Tablet, vs a Nook HD/HD+.