New User
kjones24
0 Kudos

Re: Using Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) - Library Books and Vendors other than B&N.

thank you frog for the tips! saved me a lot of time.

Reader 4
Boucheron_StLouis
0 Kudos

Re: Using Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) - Library Books and Vendors other than B&N.

Perfect instructions.  Thank you!  Worked like a charm on my Simple Touch.

New User
rrrachelIA
0 Kudos

Thank you so much!!! These were great directions!

Contributor
cmmunoz
0 Kudos

Hi, i have recently been using sugarsync to share my ebooks. i have always used ADE to transfer my ebooks from my computer to my nook. now i am getting the error "no permission to copy document here." i have tried deactivating my device & reauthorizing it, ive tried restarting my nook. when i click "item info" from the corner box it says "missing" then a missing banner appears on the book. Even books that i have already added to my nook show the "missing" banner & says "no permission to copy document here" when i try to drag & drop them to my nook, though there must be permission because i have added it to my nook already. HELP PLEASE!!!

Contributor
cmmunoz
0 Kudos

Also, to add to this. i am not even able to open the files on ADE anymore. it says "

Torn: IO Error on local file open Path: /Users/Chelsey/Desktop/5-23-12-files/2 Torn.epub Event Detail: Error #2038 --- end ---" WHAT TO DO?

Contributor
cmmunoz
0 Kudos

SO I HAVE FOUND THE FIX TO MY PREVIOUS POST!!!!!! when i downloaded the ebook, i would upload it straight from my downloads folder to ADE (on my macbook). then i would add it to my ebooks folder i had created on my computer from the downloads folder & then delete them out of the downloads (to keep my computer cleaned up & for easy access) well, because the downloads folder is where i added them to ADE from, when i deleted them out of there, it made them invalid per-say in my ADE. So for anyone having issues with the error of not being able to copy from ADE to nook, you may have done the same thing. i had to delete them all off of ADE & then readd them from my ebooks folder (the folder they are currently in on my computer) & then i was allowed to copy them to my nook!!

Wordsmith
ProfReader
0 Kudos

That is why I would remove the DRM, then you no longer have to deal with ADE for those books.
Reader 4
kalnory
0 Kudos

I found my books in libray my stuuf and then there was a digital edition file that the tablet created and the adobe books were there!!!

Contributor
lillybug74
0 Kudos

I have tried all these friggin tips a million times.

I d/l several books in epub format

I transferred them to ADE, they're in they're in the ADE

When I open nook for PC, it recognizes the nook nook, authorizes my computer

but the books aren't showing up, so that I can transfer them

THIS IS FREAKING RIDICULOUS

It should not be this HARD! GRRR

Wordsmith
h2oskierc

Are you using ADE to transfer them?  In ADE you drag and drop them onto the nook drive that shows up in ADE.  The nook PC software doesn't come into play.

New User
LKM72
0 Kudos

Thank youuuuuu!  You solved my problem and now I can read my public library books in my Nook! :womanvery-happy:

New User
Sharon2012
0 Kudos

Hello, My ADE DID recognize my nook but i also had the no permission to copy problem. I followed some of your steps and now my ADE no longer recognizes the nook at all. What should I do?
Correspondent
Strayer
0 Kudos

Thank you, I'm all set.

New User
BTinNC
0 Kudos

My home computer recently died.  I've been able to download epub files to my nook through ADE from OpenLibrary.org from that computer, my work computer and a computer at a friends house who I sometimes visit for weeks at a time.  However, when I log in to OL.org and search for ebooks, I'm not finding any that I can "borrow" at all, including titles that I've checked out before.  Can anyone help me?  I'm not able to find borrowable books on my work computer anymore, but I still can from my friends, but it's inconvenient to always have to go to her house when I want to check out a book.

New User
askshana2
0 Kudos

How are you transferring them to ADE? If you are downloading them from a library they should automatically open ADE and download to the ADE folder. If you are actually downloading an epub file to your computer you need to use the Add to Library selection from within ADE.

New User
askshana2
0 Kudos

^ reply to lilybug74

Contributor
karateka
0 Kudos

Hi.  I have been researching the Nook HD and really want one, but before I buy I have a questions about this process.  I tried to read the whole thread but I do need to leave for work soon...

I saw a review of the HD on Best Buy that said ADE was not compatible with the Nook HD.  Is that true?  I really want this to use with my library.

The only other issue for me is a Netflix app, since we have an account already, so if anyone has any OT info on that I'd be interested.

Thanks so much!

Correspondent
Wulfraed
0 Kudos

The ADE authorization system is built into the HD/HD+ which may mean the computer program that is used on other Noooks is not needed.
Baron Wulfraed
Contributor
karateka
0 Kudos

Thank you.  I appreciate the response.  Realized right after I posted that there is a separate forum for the HD/HD+.  Sorry!

New User
h2oPM
0 Kudos

Thanks,

It took me a while, but my Nook is working again.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 18 members 177 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: