Distinguished Scribe
Ya_Ya
0 Kudos

Re: Using Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) - Library eBooks and non B&N eBooks

Try checking for new content.  Make sure you are in your My Documents folder and tap "Check for New Content."

I'm assuming you have a NOOK.  I'm not sure of the exact steps on NOOKColor...

Inspired Wordsmith
icebike
0 Kudos

Stephanie_Ente wrote:

Thanks for your description.  I have one problem left:  The Adobe Digital shows that I successfully dragged the library book to the nook.  However when turning on the Nook I can not find the books.  Any help???

You are looking in My Documents, right?

If they don't show, reboot the nook.  

Bibliophile
bklvr896
0 Kudos

Re: Using Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) - Library Books and Vendors other than B&N.

dinkynaround wrote:

just hope they come up with a much simplier way to get the library section activated for the new NOOK users...

B&N is pretty much at the mercy of the libraries and ADE.   It's not really something they have control over.

2. Now  Unplug  UBS cord from the Nook.....

Make sure you properly eject the Nook before disconnecting from the computer.  You do this by right mouse clicking on the nook drive in Windows Explorer and select eject.  The  nook will exit out of USB mode and will return to the  normal screen.  If you don't you run the risk of the computer not recognizing the Nook the next time you try and connect it and I've had flash drives corrupted when they weren't ejected properly, I don't know if this could happen with the Nook or not, but I wouldn't chance it just to avoid a couple of clicks.

Scribe
03FLHT2
0 Kudos

Go to my library and then my documents and click on check for new content.  If you successfully dragged the library book to the nook that will be where it will show up.

New User
firebird68
0 Kudos

Re: Using Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) - Library Books and Vendors other than B&N.

I can't download onto Nook color using ADE.  I have authorized ADE under my email ID that I used with Adobe. I have done all the steps and ADE doesn't allow me to authorize the Nook.  No device assistant shows up. I can see the Nook device in ADE. When I download ebook from BN it comes as a epub file.  When I transfer to ADE, it says "document is licensed for another user." My BN user email is different, but it says that the emails don't have to match.  Help.  I can't even get the books to download via internet. It says processing. It has been processing for over 24 hours. I have tried syncing and everything.

Inspired Wordsmith
icebike

Look, it's really simple. Do not use ADE for books from B&N. Reread the title of this thread. ADE is NOT for B&N books.
New User
Stephanie_Ente
0 Kudos

Yes I have a Nook and thanks, I did find it in Documents.  I had a screen up showing me the book covers in My B&N Library and I was not familiar with that I had to close the view of the book covers to get to my documents.  THANKS, Stephanie

New User
Stephanie_Ente
0 Kudos

Thanks.  I did not look in My Documents.  I had a view of the covers of the books in My B&N Library up and I had to close that to get to the My Document folder.  Thanks for your help!  I am off reading library books now.  Stephanie

Distinguished Scribe
Ya_Ya
0 Kudos

Stephanie_Ente wrote:

I am off reading library books now. 

Yay!

Reader 2
MNART
0 Kudos

Frog,  thanks for your kind assistance to all of us frustrated new colornookies.  I have got my book sitting on ADE but cannot get the nook device to show up on ADE.  When I go to the "Mycomputer" and click on the nook drive (H drive, I believe), I get the "insert disk" message and cannot go further.   Help appreciated   MNART

Inspired Wordsmith
icebike
0 Kudos

@MNART: It is a long thread, with six pages of posts. But if you take the time to read through it, you will find that your question was asked and answered already.
New User
EBWtown
0 Kudos

The book I downloaded from my public library shows up in ADE on my computer but not on my Nook even though I dragged the book into "My Nook Color" in ADE. What to do?

New User
nrsmom

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! I love my nook once again. I went to my computer under the nook file and deleted the digital editions, both of them, and when I opened the digital editions it gave me the option to authorize my nook which I did, drug my book and dumped it onto the nook, and I was able to open the book on my nook and start reading. Thank you again for answering my frustrating message.

New User
bkworm123
0 Kudos

You are a Godsend, FrogAlum!! Your ADE directions worked like a charm once I unhooked USB cable and reconnected. Thanks so much - now I can "go forth and read!"
Reader 2
stephelms
0 Kudos

Re: Unable to find the ".adobe-digital-editions" file

@Wmje : : Your only bad luck was that you tried two operating systems that hide files and folders that begin with a period. So on either computer turn on the option to show hidden files. It will probably be an option on the view sub menu of your file manager.

Any suggestions on how to do this on a mac? I have looked all over the menus in Finder and searched on it in help (only thing they say about hidden files is that you will be able to see them on a Windows...nothing about how to see them on the mac).

Having trouble with user not authorized but can't fund the .adobe-digital-editions folder to delete as recommended.

Thanks

Inspired Wordsmith
icebike

New User
Romantic_at_HeartNY
0 Kudos

OMG... Thank you!  I was about to throw this nook away.  I received the for Christmas and was so excited because I learned that I could borrow eBooks from the library. I reached out to Tech Support and was given the same instructions, which I followed to the letter, but was unable to connect my nook to ADE.  Finally in frustration this morning decided to seek help once again, because I was sure I could not be the only one having this much difficulty.  Lo and behold, I found out I was not the only one caught in this quagmire of frustration. I deleted ADE from my nook and computer and reinstalled/downloaded it again, and wuhlah it said the magic words "authorize this device."  I finally saw the "nook" icon in ADE on the left side of my screen. Thank you! It's 3:44AM and I'm jumping up and down!

Reader 2
stephelms
0 Kudos

Thank you!

New User
kyjake23
0 Kudos

Just bought my Nook today, and immediately borrowed an ebook from my local library. It's in Adobe PDF format, so I downloaded ADE. Authorized the computer, authorized the Nook, no problem, dragged the file onto the Nook, again no problem. However, when I attempt to open the file in my Nook, all I get is a screen saying "User not activated." Not sure if I missed a step somewhere, but I have no trouble reading the book in ADE, and the file shows up on my Nook. Help?

Inspired Wordsmith
icebike
0 Kudos

kyjake23 wrote:

Just bought my Nook today, and immediately borrowed an ebook from my local library. It's in Adobe PDF format, so I downloaded ADE. Authorized the computer, authorized the Nook, no problem, dragged the file onto the Nook, again no problem. However, when I attempt to open the file in my Nook, all I get is a screen saying "User not activated." Not sure if I missed a step somewhere, but I have no trouble reading the book in ADE, and the file shows up on my Nook. Help?

Read post 81 in this very same thread.  Its on page 5.