New User
Rebecca_L
0 Kudos

When I plug my Nook into my computer, my computer gets the blue screen and restarts

I have tried all the usb ports and 2 different cords but my computer gets the "blue screen of death" every time I plug in the Nook. My Nook works perfectly but I cannot add any new books since it cannot connect to the computer. I have the simple touch.

Distinguished Bibliophile
Mercury_Glitch

Re: When I plug my Nook into my computer, my computer gets the blue screen and restarts

That sounds like a computer issue, can you connect other devices to the USB ports?

As an aside you can download books to the Simple Touch over WiFi.  Just go in to settings - wireless - and connect to your WiFi.  Then go to shop and search for the book you wish to purchase.

Unless you were using sideloaded books, in which case you may wish to get the computer checked out.  The Nook should certainly not cause it to blue screen.

The Wheel weaves as the Wheel wills, and we are only the thread of the Pattern.
New User
Rebecca_L
0 Kudos

Re: When I plug my Nook into my computer, my computer gets the blue screen and restarts

All my other devices work perfectly with my computer.

I mostly check out books from the public library so I have to be able to connect with my computer.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 57 members 334 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: