New User
ravenwolf_EPTX
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Which would be THE go-to micro-sd card of choice for the Simple touch?

Hi~ 

I purchased a C4 32 GB micro-sd card for my Simple Touch, but my Nook refused to recognize or format it. Thinking it may be a defective card, I had my daughter try it in her phone & worked just fine. So, now I am wondering if it was the CLASS or the SIZE that my Nook did not like. I called my local B&N and asked for their card suggestion but they had no suggestion to give. In fact, they told me just to "Go to Best Buy, ask them." :smileysurprised:

Instead of driving 30 minutes to the nearest best buy & asking someone there, I thought I might get the feedback from other Touch owners.

Any thoughts would be appreciated, thanks in advance!

Tina

AlanNJ
Topics: 64
Kudos: 1,518
Solutions: 0
0 Kudos

Re: Which would be THE go-to micro-sd card of choice for the Simple touch?

How many books do you have?  I've read that you can put approximately 4,000 books on a 1gb card.  I have a 2gb card that cost me about $8 and it works fine for me.  If I run out of space I'll just transfer the files to a larger card.

►Without order there is chaos◄
New User
ravenwolf_EPTX
0 Kudos

I have about 100 books (weighing in at 66 MBs) at the moment. I'm more confused about the whole CLASS thing than the size. From what I've read at numerous sources is that not all devices are compatible with all card classes. So, it's the CLASS that worries me most at this time.

AlanNJ
Topics: 64
Kudos: 1,518
Solutions: 0
0 Kudos

My understanding is that a relalively lower speed card is fine for the Nook.  I've seen online that people say class 4-6 works fine for the Nook and that the faster cards are a waste for this use.

►Without order there is chaos◄
Contributor
Whtwolf
0 Kudos

I just pulled the 16 GB card from my N1E and put it into my new N2E. Mine is made by Patriot and is a class 4 that I got on sale at one of our local stores.

Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up - Chinese Proverb
New User
ravenwolf_EPTX
0 Kudos

Thank you Alan for the explanation of "class" & whtwolf for personal use info. I appreciate both of you taking time to help. 

Inspired Bibliophile
Desert_Brat
0 Kudos

All sd cards are Class 2 unless otherwise specified by a number in a circle on the card. Since you are only using the card for storage, a Class 2 card is fine. You can pick up a card at Walmart or Target for a decent price. I prefer the Sandisk cards because they have a proven track record of reliability. Find them in the camera department, not the cell phone department.

A lifelong reader, now may my life be long enough to catch up on my reading!
Wordsmith
tmr4
0 Kudos

The NST specs for the micro sd card are 32gb class 6.  After seeing how much they cost compared to a 4 gb class 4 card I went with the $5 4 gb card at amazon.

Your card should work in the NST.  Perhaps your card needs needs formated in a computer first.

New User
jennAU
0 Kudos

My nook did not recognize mine either. It gave me a bogus message about it being damaged. so I formatted it in my laptop and it worked great. I formatted using FAT32. As far as brands, PNY and Patriot are good, as well as Kingston. But honestly I doubt any one is better than the other. It's a pretty simple device.