Correspondent
SkipperT
0 Kudos

Your Nook is starting up...

Got my NST new, about a week ago, and if I could keep it working I would really like it.  Have had a few issues with the screen not responding and now it's STUCK on the startup screen.  Have done a number of soft resets and factory reset twice and blew out the screen a number of times.  The screen will flash when it restarts, but it can't get beyond the startup screen.  Anyone know a trick to make it move on?

A man who doesn't read has no advantage over one who can't read. - Mark Twain (paraphrased)
Distinguished Bibliophile
bobstro

Re: Your Nook is starting up...

[ Edited ]

If you have a microSD card inserted, you might remove it. I'm understanding that you never make it to the "swipe to unlock" screen. Is that correct? Does it respond to button presses but not screen input?

If the device is less than a week old, I STRONGLY recommend you take it to your nearest B&N if at all possible. There's no reason to put up with problems on a device that's brand new. What you are experiencing is definitely NOT normal!

Correspondent
SkipperT
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply.  I've never had a card in the thing and forgot to mention I've been charging constantly, in case it was a voltage issue.  It only responds enough to reset, then never gets past the startup screen.

A man who doesn't read has no advantage over one who can't read. - Mark Twain (paraphrased)
Distinguished Bibliophile
keriflur
0 Kudos

SkipperT wrote:

Thanks for the reply.  I've never had a card in the thing and forgot to mention I've been charging constantly, in case it was a voltage issue.  It only responds enough to reset, then never gets past the startup screen.

I second the advice to take it into a store.  You do not want to be stuck with a buggy nook.