Contributor
shannon1970
0 Kudos

missing books

there are missing books on my nook.all that is showing up on my nook are the sideloaded books.but the books in my library from the website are gone.

Wordsmith
tmr4
0 Kudos

Re: missing books

I've never had this happen on my NST, but did once or twice on my N1E. Shutting down and powering back up, followed by a sync worked in that case. Perhaps it will for your situation as well. Usually I've found this helpful/needed when the nook is not acting normally. Another possibility could be that your category dropdown menu is set to My Files. That will only show your SD card content.
Contributor
shannon1970
0 Kudos

none of that is the case with my nook.i have had it for 6 months.so i know i have to turn it off and on again.plus i know how to read the menue.  

Wordsmith
tmr4
0 Kudos

The next thing I'd do is remove the SD card and restart the nook. If that does't solve it your next step is likely a call to customer service. That will likely involve a deregister/register cycle.
Contributor
shannon1970
0 Kudos

tried that but it did not work 

Frequent Contributor
tvd1204
0 Kudos

I would check in Settings and make sure your Nook is still registered to your account.  If it is, I would recommend logging in to your B&N account on a computer and checking your library there.  If the books show up there that are not showing on the Nook, then you would have to deregister/register your Nook, which might (not sure) cause you to lose your sideloaded stuff.