Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
cjdlv

1st Generation Nook - New Battery

Anyone have any ideas where to purchase a new battery for the original Nook?

Thanks

Bibliophile
bklvr896
0 Kudos
Wordsmith
tmr4
0 Kudos

Re: 1st Generation Nook - New Battery

Amazon has third party batteries for the N1E. Search for HQRP Battery for Barnes & Noble BNRB1530, 9BS11GTFF10B3, 9875521 E-Book Ereader Replacement fits NOOK, BNRZ1000, 005, BNRZ100, BNRV100, BNRB454261, NOOK Classic, NOOK First Edition Digital Book Reader.
Inspired Correspondent
jaquellae
0 Kudos

you can also try ebay
Frequent Contributor
maureen-in-mukilteo
0 Kudos

Many of the batteries struck me as expensive. But my battery is dead although the device itself is in perfect condition. What to do? Yesterday I bought a new nook Simple Touch for just $50 at Target. That is just $20-30 more than a battery. 

I also have a nook HD+ but I couldn't read it outside in the sun we have been having. Get my new nook and today it is foggy. No sun to read under. 

So goodbye nook 1st edition. You were my first e reader and I read over 160 books on you. 

Distinguished Bibliophile
MacMcK1957
0 Kudos

maureen-in-mukilteo wrote:

Many of the batteries struck me as expensive. But my battery is dead although the device itself is in perfect condition. What to do? Yesterday I bought a new nook Simple Touch for just $50 at Target. That is just $20-30 more than a battery. 

I also have a nook HD+ but I couldn't read it outside in the sun we have been having. Get my new nook and today it is foggy. No sun to read under. 

So goodbye nook 1st edition. You were my first e reader and I read over 160 books on you. 

I'd say you got your money's worth.  I still have my N1E but like the NST so much better.

New User
DivineRamza
0 Kudos

I'm looking for an authentic 1st gen battery as well.

I know the Simple Touch and its ilk are getting cheap, but I love my Nook 1st Gen.

I mean, it has 2GB. Whereas the others don't. I have over 400 books on my Nook. I need the space.

Also, I love the size. I think the size of the other e-ink Nooks are way too tiny and cramped.

I know that the batteries are on eBay and amazon, but they are third party batteries.

I've bought 3rd party batteries for other electronics and either they don't work, or, in the worst case, I've had one handheld gaming console brick itself because the battery was bad.

So, I'm curious if B&N has any excess stock of 1st gen batteries, or where we can get some.

Distinguished Bibliophile
MacMcK1957

Many people have had excellent results with the third party batteries.  You may also want to try Batteries Plus.  I've never seen a battery they cant find an equivalent replacement for.

Inspired Contributor
BassmanMT
0 Kudos

Batteries + sells a  Rayovac 1500mAH that seems to be working just fine. 

Don't overlook updating to the 1.7 manually once you restart from changing the battery. 

Inspired Correspondent
moony3424
0 Kudos

Batteries + have 3rd party for about $30.  I was going to opt for Simple Touch, but found that it's now discontinued.

Contributor
Eldritch_
0 Kudos

I use the NewPower99 battery on Amazon.com. They have much longer life than first party, and I have not experienced any problems in over a year of use.About $30 with shipping costs.