Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
Tigger31

A Nook Story

Okay, so I got my Nook like last year and how crazy can life get!!! In June, my b/f's dad died and it was the weekend that we had no power the whole weekend, no needless to say, I was reading regular books that weekend. When the power came on, I charged my Nook and it disappeared! Well, we were so busy figuring out what to do after his dad died, that I hardly noticed that I had not seen my Nook in a while. When I did realize it, we were starting to pack to move out of the house. 

I figured it got lost and was behind either the dresser or the night stand. No big deal, when we moved the night stand, I did not find it. I was thinking it was behind the dresser anyway because that is the last place I thought I saw it. When we moved the dresser, it was not there! I was thinking that perhaps my b/f's sister had 'borrowed' it without saying anything because she was enamored with it when I first got it.

Fast forward to two week ago... We have moved into a new apartment and have been here for about 4 m onths now. The majority of the boxes that I have left that are still packed are books. So, I happened to be going through them to find something else and I came across my Nook!! Mind you I was still running the 1.2 software at that point. I had some issues with it freezing and I found the help for the Nook and did what it said to get it to unfreeze, but it was not working. So I called customer service and they told me to do the same thing I had been doing, so I did it again and it did not work, so I called them back and they sent me a new battery. I installed the new battery and it the freezing issues were taken care of, so on to updating the Nook to 1.5.

I had issues with this because my Wifi network was locked and I had no idea what the network pin was, so I figured I would side load the update, no big deal. Well, I tried and it would not update, so another call to customer service. I am now thinking I might  have to replace my Nook! I finally found my network pin after the customer service person walked me through side loading the update 3 times and it would not update it! She told me to go to a Barnes & Noble near me and the update should start as soon as my Nook hooked into their Wifi and if it did not to have someone from the store call them and they would replace it. 

Finally, having enough, I sat down and tried to hook into my own wifi network with what I thought was the right pin and it worked!! So, now I am updated to 1.5 and happily reading on my Nook after months and months of not having it!! Now, I do not let it out of my sight ever!! Yay!:womanvery-happy:

Be an angel, support the military.... Ask me how!!
www.soldiersangels.org
Nallia
Topics: 125
Kudos: 3,236
0 Kudos

Re: A Nook Story

That's so great that you found it after so long!  I have to say that I wouldn't ever have been able to let it go like that.  I would have had to go out and buy a new one long ago.  LOL

AlanNJ
Topics: 64
Kudos: 1,518
0 Kudos

Nallia wrote:

That's so great that you found it after so long!  I have to say that I wouldn't ever have been able to let it go like that.  I would have had to go out and buy a new one long ago.  LOL

That's what I was thinking also, Nallia... If I lost my Nook I'd be more impossible to live with than I normally am!  :smileywink:

►Without order there is chaos◄
Wordsmith
shilohMD
0 Kudos

Great story, with drama, intrigue, good customer service, a little IT thrown in...and a happy ending!

Thanks for sharing...happy reading!

"A bookstore is one of the only pieces of evidence we have that people are still thinking" [Jerry Seinfeld]
Distinguished Wordsmith
Conniecats
0 Kudos

I love happy endings!

Distinguished Bibliophile
ABthree

Nallia wrote:

I'm just as determined as you are, but apparently I'm cheaper:

I would have ripped the house apart.

Then I would have ripped the sister-in-law's house apart.

Or, if I didn't like her much, I would have reversed the order.

Still, I'm a sucker for a happy ending.  :smileyhappy:

+LORD, preserve the good in their goodness, and+
+in your kindness, make the wicked become good.+
-- St. Basil the Great+
Contributor
Tigger31
0 Kudos

It is funny you should say that, because when we went to her house to deal with the funeral arrangements, I would look around through her stuff while I was there looking for it!! LOL. I am happy I found it and it is all updated now. I was going to get a new Nook Color, but since mine is working I am not going to. I love my Nook!! It definately helps at school when I am on a break.. 

Be an angel, support the military.... Ask me how!!
www.soldiersangels.org
Nallia
Topics: 125
Kudos: 3,236
0 Kudos

ABthree wrote:

Nallia wrote:

I'm just as determined as you are, but apparently I'm cheaper:

I would have ripped the house apart.

Then I would have ripped the sister-in-law's house apart.

Or, if I didn't like her much, I would have reversed the order.

Still, I'm a sucker for a happy ending.  :smileyhappy:

Well, yes, I would have done all of that first.  I figured that was a given.  lol

Frequent Contributor
CasperAZ
0 Kudos

Tigger31, I'm so happy that you found your missing Nook while unpacking one of the moving boxes.  What a relief!  It was great reading about the wonderful Customer Service that you received.  This is a happy story to read. :smileyhappy:

"The NOOKcolor Aficionado"
Frequent Contributor
EscapistFL
0 Kudos

Thanks for sharing Tigger31. Enjoy your "new" Nook!