Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
lovemynook77

A product for Nook, I love!

I recently read bought a pillow for holding the Nook hands-free, it's called the Peeramid pillow (hands free book holder) and though it's a little pricey, I love it!! It is shaped like a pyramid and you lay your Nook on it and it's at the perfect angle all you have to do is tap the page turn.  When I read at night I put it on the bed next to me and its awesome, also great for my infants middle of the night feedings, I just lay it next to me and I have full use of my hands for my son..(No more propping it on my sleeping husband!)It is also great for when you will be online for awhile, I put it on my lap when I sit and it holds it.If you would like an extra awesome accessory, it's great! Some of them have pockets on the side and I got one of those and I have my screen cleaning rag in the pocket. Just wanted to let my fellow Nook lovers in on a fun product.

gqb
Inspired Scribe
gqb

Re: A product for Nook, I love!

Hmmm, sounds better than the catstand and dogstand mentioned in a previous post.

Distinguished Bibliophile
shadowcat80
0 Kudos

Wow, that sounds interesting.  Welcome to the board by the way.  I hope you are enjoying your nook.  If you have any questions in the future don't be afraid to ask, we're here to help each other.  Happy Reading

Help me down the crooked road. Lead me to the light. I'm not sure I know the way but with you beside me, I'm certain we'll make it through.
Contributor
lovemynook77
0 Kudos

Thank you kindly! I have never joined a board ever in my life..but I had to join the Nook board..it's my baby!! I am excited to be a part of the fun! If I had to suggest a cool Nook function, I would suggest a voice activated page turn for when you are in a quiet room, so then I would never have to use my hands..wow! how lazy can you get!! =)

shadowcat80
0 Kudos

Even though that sounds cool, I don't think that will take place because then they would have to put inside a microphone into the nook as well, i just don't see that taking place, plus what about people that are hard of hearing or deaf?, I doubt they would be able to use a voice command feature.

Help me down the crooked road. Lead me to the light. I'm not sure I know the way but with you beside me, I'm certain we'll make it through.
ABthree
0 Kudos

gqb wrote:

Hmmm, sounds better than the catstand and dogstand mentioned in a previous post.

I was thinking the same thing.  :smileyvery-happy:  No sharp, slashing swipes, no noxious odors!

+LORD, preserve the good in their goodness, and+
+in your kindness, make the wicked become good.+
-- St. Basil the Great+
Distinguished Scribe
RSC_Nook

I just wait for my wife to fall asleep then I prop it up on her.  I am actually not kidding.

ABthree
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!  (<~ABthree screams)

The return of the Nook microphone!   :smileysurprised::smileysurprised::smileysurprised:

-- St. Basil the Great+
gqb
Inspired Scribe
gqb

ABthree wrote:

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!  (<~ABthree screams)

The return of the Nook microphone!   :smileysurprised::smileysurprised::smileysurprised:

I had the same thought! 

Contributor
lovemynook77
0 Kudos

ok I was posting about the pillow, the voice recognition was supposed to be funny so I could be totally lazy..sorry I touched a nerve...geez. 

New User
SeagullS6
0 Kudos

I have this pyramid too and love it!!!  I got it for Xmas along with my Nook Color. I just love being able to read totally hands-free at night! I also have a cover for my Nook that is an eisel, so I can prop it up wherever I am!

ABthree
0 Kudos

@lovemynook77

Welcome!  :smileyhappy:

Don't worry about it.  It's an enormous nerve for some of us, but way before your time.  :smileyvery-happy:

Enjoy your Nook -- the cushion sounds neat.

-- St. Basil the Great+
gqb
Inspired Scribe
gqb
0 Kudos

@lovemynook77 - This is where history and AB's sense of humor come in.  A while back, we had a troll of sorts get real insistent that the next nook should have a microphone.  There was a lot of bantering about it.  You didn't strike a nerve with him or me! 

Frequent Contributor
CasperAZ
0 Kudos

lovemynook77, this pillow sounds great.

"The NOOKcolor Aficionado"
Inspired Correspondent
ivers
0 Kudos

gqb wrote:

For anyone who missed those...

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/NOOK-General-Discussion/nook-Stands/m-p/642350#M31570

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/NOOK-General-Discussion/nook-Stands/m-p/642672#M31631

(and that pillow looks awesome. I'd heard of it before but never knew what it was called!)

Frequent Contributor
SamanthaEdmunde
0 Kudos

I don't have a nook color but before i got a nook I used to use my cat for a stand too. My Sammy isn't with me anymore but boy was she a good sport :smileyhappy:

Inspired Contributor
JohnP51
0 Kudos

Our catstand works really good until he has to get up to go potty. But its only for a short time until he returns and resumes his position.

John

"Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else." ~ Mark Twain
Inspired Correspondent
emtgirlCV
0 Kudos

I will check into this, it may be perfect for when I'm having luch and tring to read at the same time:smileyhappy:

Contributor
qbaby
0 Kudos

Using your wife to prop your NC....:smileyvery-happy:  Too funny!  I actually use my hubby also!  Great minds ya know?!

This pillow does sound very cool, thanks for the tip.  I have major back and neck problems (I'm disabled) and I have a very hard time finding a comfortable position to read in.  Sounds like this could be very helpful :smileyhappy:

QT

If it has words, I will read it
Distinguished Scribe
kathylcsw
0 Kudos

I have got to stop reading these boards! First I find all kinds of books I have to have, then I decide I must have a Lyra Light (hope it comes today!). Now the Peeramid pillow has become my must have item. It is becoming too expensive to hang out here! :smileyvery-happy: