Contributor
charz
0 Kudos

ADE Error getting license E_Adept_Request_Expired

I have previously sideloaded books to my Nook with ADE but am now getting the dreaded "Server Communication Problem. Error getting license E-Adept_Request_Expired" message. I've looked at the clock & date on my computer & they are correct. Is there anything else I can do to get these library books that I've saved on my computer to my Nook?

Thanks everyone for your help.

Distinguished Scribe
Schwa
0 Kudos

Re: ADE Error getting license E_Adept_Request_Expired

[ Edited ]

edited:  nevermind, wrong error message googled!!!!

getting the time to sync with ADE

1) try rebooting comp and router and nook, allowing nook to reaquire the time from the router (and just generally resetting everything)

2) reinstalliong ADE  (yea I know this is not fun, but something to troubleshoot)

3) reauthorize the Nook to ADE:  this done by deleting the two digital editions folders in the Nook USB drive when connected to your comp.  Make sure ADE is closed when you do this.  Then reconnect your Nook to authorize to ADE again

that's all I got, hope you get it fixed soon  :smileyhappy:

Wordsmith
ProfReader
0 Kudos

charz wrote:

I have previously sideloaded books to my Nook with ADE but am now getting the dreaded "Server Communication Problem. Error getting license E-Adept_Request_Expired" message. I've looked at the clock & date on my computer & they are correct. Is there anything else I can do to get these library books that I've saved on my computer to my Nook?

Thanks everyone for your help.

If you download the .ascm file and don't open it right away in ADE this error can happen. I would redownload it from Overdrive.

Contributor
charz
0 Kudos

Thanks for the response. I tried all those things but still get the same message. The time on my computer & Nook are exactly the same. I reinstalled ADE & also rebooted my computer. What I don't understand is why I had not problems before sideloading books & I haven't done anything differently.

Contributor
charz
0 Kudos

Thanks ProfReader,

I just went to Overdrive & downloaded the books again & ADE let me load them to the Nook. I'll have to remember to not wait too long to sideload again. Thanks again.

Correspondent
Byteguy
0 Kudos

So you understand, those acsm files are keys you use to retrieve a book.  At my library the keys are only good for 30 minutes.  That would explain why it worked once you went and re-requested the book.

New User
jimc_usa
0 Kudos

This was the answer - I download books for my wife and hadn't done so in months (forgot)

I got the dreaded error and tried everything. But what I had done was download to my computer and then try to load/copy/open to nook via adobe digital, No work So this time after hours of searching I downloaded again, but this time instead of saving to my computer I opened the file and then it loaded into Adobe digital.

Thanks to all those who tried everything before me.