Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
eccence
0 Kudos

Accessories for Nook

I am a true "reader" and didn't think I'd like an eReader, but I am a convert!  I absolutely love my Nook and take it everywhere!  I hope someone who has decision making powers will read this and take the following suggestions:

Make a Nook car charger for long car rides - if my battery dies while I'm in the car, I will not be responsible for my actions!

I also hope they make a waterproof case for the Nook. Amazon already has one for the Kindle and it works fine for the Nook, but it's a little big.

It would also be helpful if the free eBooks could be listed in the Daily on the Nook. I mean, who goes online anymore when you have the Nook? lol

Scribe
JdiennoPSU
0 Kudos

Re: Accessories for Nook

Responses are below in BOLD

eccence wrote:

I am a true "reader" and didn't think I'd like an eReader, but I am a convert!  I absolutely love my Nook and take it everywhere!  I hope someone who has decision making powers will read this and take the following suggestions:

Make a Nook car charger for long car rides - if my battery dies while I'm in the car, I will not be responsible for my actions!

There are plenty of car chargers you can buy.  If you search on this forum "car charger NOOK" I am sure you will see many threads about car charger.  I personally use my Fm transmitter that has a build in USB charger so I can charge my NOOK while i listen to an audiobook on it!

I also hope they make a waterproof case for the Nook. Amazon already has one for the Kindle and it works fine for the Nook, but it's a little big.

There are already waterproof cases available from TrendyDigital.  Recently ABThree talked about one in a thread.  Or just check out the link here!

It would also be helpful if the free eBooks could be listed in the Daily on the Nook. I mean, who goes online anymore when you have the Nook? lol

Cant help you on this one :-( Personally I look at Inkmesh everyday to find the new free books out there

- JJ

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.

FACT: Childhood cancers are the #1 disease killer in children - more than asthma, cystic fibrosis, diabetes, and pediatric AIDS combined.
gqb
Inspired Scribe
gqb
0 Kudos

Do a search on this board on "car charger". 

Check out trendydigital.com regarding a case.  It's not quite the same as the waterproof one m-edge for Kindle, but are you really planning to submerge the nook?

Actually, you do want to go online some! Once you learn how to use the public libraries to check out books, it'll be worth your while to go online and sideload.  Check it out in my signature.  Don't think it has to be a library near you. 

Inspired Correspondent
Big_Dave_H
0 Kudos

eccence wrote:

Make a Nook car charger for long car rides

Just about any car charger for cellphones will work just fine.  My BlackBerry car charger works great. 

eccence wrote:

I also hope they make a waterproof case for the Nook.

There are any number of waterproof cases for the Nook specifically or which will work for the Nook.  Easiest solution, zip-lock bag. 

Wordsmith
h2oskierc
0 Kudos

eccence wrote:

Go to the shop and search for 0.00, you'll see tons of free books!

Contributor
Gidget68
0 Kudos

Go to Wal Mart or K mart and you can purchase  an adaptor for your car.  Works great!  I think it was only around $10.00.

Contributor
Mosbur
0 Kudos

For waterproofing NOOK try LOKSAK cases from REI stores, they are meant for electronics and you can easily use the touch screen through it and they are both water and sand proof!

Good Luck

Frequent Contributor
irandamay
0 Kudos

eccence wrote:

This is not Nook specific, but I have one of these inverters in the car and it works great to charge anything with a plug, and has a fan to keep it cool.  I've even charged a laptop off it. :smileyhappy:  http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000157TNA/

Correspondent
Jodisims
0 Kudos

In the shopping section there is a block at the end of the page that is "special offers & Articles".  The same place where you find free coffee offers when you are in store.  If you scroll through the pages on Friday you will find the free book offered, usually appears late morning or so.

I have never let my schooling interfere with my education ~ Mark Twain

click here for information about sideloading library books
click here to view Nook user guide