Frequent Contributor
Hummey
0 Kudos

Adobe Digital Additions "Authorization"

Folks,

By reading other older posts, I found out that my small-town library belongs to the Oregon Digital Library allowing me to download books using ADE.  Here is my question...

When I downloaded ADE and registered, (which I am cautious about anyway, I hate DRM software) it "located" the books I have purchased from B&N and Smashwords and backed up to a file.  It told me that it was going to "Authorize" my files.

I once a long time ago ripped a CD that I purchased that had Sony's DRM hidden in it and it screwed up my music files.  Did ADE just cause me issues with my books that it found on my hard-drive as well?  Have any of you had problems with this program?

Thanks for your help as always,

Tony

Tony

"As for me, I know that my Redeemer lives, and at the last he will take His stand on the earth" Job 19:25
Distinguished Bibliophile
ABthree
0 Kudos

Re: Adobe Digital Additions "Authorization"

Hummey wrote:

Folks,

I once a long time ago ripped a CD that I purchased that had Sony's DRM hidden in it and it screwed up my music files.  Did ADE just cause me issues with my books that it found on my hard-drive as well?  Have any of you had problems with this program?

Welcome, Tony! :smileyvery-happy:
No, your eBooks should be ok.  I always download eBooks into other folders and then "find" them using ADE, and ADE has never screwed any of them up.

+LORD, preserve the good in their goodness, and+
+in your kindness, make the wicked become good.+
-- St. Basil the Great+
Frequent Contributor
Hummey
0 Kudos

Re: Adobe Digital Additions "Authorization"

Thanks,

I appreciate the confirmation.  Your experience with it will help me relax and take advantage of it.  Black helicopters and all that you know!  :smileywink:

Tony

Tony

"As for me, I know that my Redeemer lives, and at the last he will take His stand on the earth" Job 19:25