Distinguished Bibliophile
ABthree
0 Kudos

Re: Another big problem with my nook!

frantastk wrote:

The other day he wanted to know if I had heard about this really cool thing called DOS? :smileyvery-happy: I tried to explain that that's what was around when I was a kid, but he didn't believe me.

Fran  

Show him the DOS prompt on your Windows machine:  confirm your status as a goddess in his eyes.

+LORD, preserve the good in their goodness, and+
+in your kindness, make the wicked become good.+
-- St. Basil the Great+
AlanNJ
Topics: 64
Kudos: 1,528
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

ABthree wrote:

frantastk wrote:

The other day he wanted to know if I had heard about this really cool thing called DOS? :smileyvery-happy: I tried to explain that that's what was around when I was a kid, but he didn't believe me.

Fran  

Show him the DOS prompt on your Windows machine:  confirm your status as a goddess in his eyes.

I wonder if the deltree command still works?

►Without order there is chaos◄
Inspired Contributor
JohnP51
0 Kudos

gqb wrote:

@frantastik

You feel old?  Your son needs to see a keypunch machine, a Hollerith card, and an IBM 360.:smileyhappy:

I remember upgrading to an IBM System 3. No monitor, no tape drive, all card fed. It used 96-column cards instead of 80-column. That was a huge improvement.:smileyvery-happy:

John

"Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else." ~ Mark Twain
ABthree
0 Kudos

JohnP51 wrote:

gqb wrote:

@frantastik

You feel old?  Your son needs to see a keypunch machine, a Hollerith card, and an IBM 360.:smileyhappy:

I remember upgrading to an IBM System 3. No monitor, no tape drive, all card fed. It used 96-column cards instead of 80-column. That was a huge improvement.:smileyvery-happy:

So John, what WAS dirt really like when it was first invented?  Have there been any improvements since?  :smileyvery-happy:

-- St. Basil the Great+
Wordsmith
gandalf1369
0 Kudos

ABthree wrote:

So John, what WAS dirt really like when it was first invented?  Have there been any improvements since?  :smileyvery-happy:

:smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy:

Although I guess I shouldn't laugh too much - I remember the IBM360 and punch cards too!!!!  Ahhh . . .  to be young again . . .

**** He Who Dies With The Most Toys Wins ****
Inspired Contributor
JohnP51
0 Kudos

ABthree wrote:

JohnP51 wrote:

gqb wrote:

@frantastik

Dirt didn't come along until much later. I'm older than the rock that made dirt.:smileyvery-happy:

John

"Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else." ~ Mark Twain
Contributor
sb3312
0 Kudos

My problem has not been my husband but my 13 year old daughter! She has kidnapped my nook several times now and I have to go asking for it back! I love that she loves to read but I'm thinking we are soon going to be a 2-nook family! Who knew? LOL

ABthree
0 Kudos

@sb3312

Welcome!  :smileyhappy:

And good luck with that.  :smileyvery-happy:

-- St. Basil the Great+
Nallia
Topics: 125
Kudos: 3,263
0 Kudos

NOOKnapping is a serious issue.  I have yet to see a single ransom demand made or a single NOOK returned.  I think you're just going to have to give yourself some time to mourn and then get a new one.  Obviously, your original NOOK cannot be replaced, but a new one can also hold a special place in your heart in time.  :smileywink:

gqb
Inspired Scribe
gqb
0 Kudos

JohnP51 wrote:

gqb wrote:

@frantastik

96 column cards?  If we'd had those in the beginning maybe we could have had 8 digit dates and nobody would have worried about Y2K!