Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Correspondent
Saint_Nookolas
0 Kudos

Anyone Else?

*Sigh*

I left my wireless on all day anticipating the v1.5 download today.  I really thought it might be pushed out in conjunction with the original shipping date of the new Nook Color.

Alas, no such luck.

Despite my frequent checks, it never arrived.  This reminds me when I was a little kid sitting on the curb with my piggy bank waiting 'til sundown for that ice cream truck that never came...

:smileysad:

Contributor
TinyTink
0 Kudos

Re: Anyone Else?

I'm thinking that if we do get the update that it will be tonight and appear in the morning. I'm hoping because I'm like you, I'm very excited and can't hardly wait.

Let's keep our fingers crossed. For now I'll keep on reading.:smileyhappy:

Live The Life You Love,
Love The Life You Live.
Frequent Contributor
kimberlyim2
0 Kudos

What's going to be included in the l.5 version?

B&N Bookseller
RedRapier
0 Kudos

i wouldnt think the update would be released at the same time as the release of the NOOKColor.  Think about it.  Each would present certain issues for customer service, answering questions, helping with set up and installs, why would they effectively double that load?

my life is a Soap Opera, and I want a new head writer!
Frequent Contributor
tirofiban
0 Kudos

According to this aricle 1.5 comes out the week of Thanksgiving. We're not quite there yet.

http://www.suite101.com/content/barnes-and-noble-nookcolor-ships--nook-3g-gets-a-firmware-update-a30...

I'm still reading on Nook Original because I want the pages I left off in my books to transfer over to the Nook Color seemlessly.

Frequent Contributor
Hummey
0 Kudos

Waiting for it is difficult though, that's for certain.  It has always gotten better, and I am looking forward this this update as well.

Tony

"As for me, I know that my Redeemer lives, and at the last he will take His stand on the earth" Job 19:25
Inspired Scribe
Doreenpv
0 Kudos

Is this update for the original Nook?

I got my Nookcolor 2 days ago, and I can't imagine it's for that device.

Frequent Contributor
tirofiban
0 Kudos

It's for Nook Original. But this update allows Nook Original to sync the last page you left off in a book with Nook Color. At least, that's what I hear.