Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
Argoe
0 Kudos

Audio Player - Play List Folder-Memory Card use

When I open the Nook thru my computer it lists a Play List folder in the memory. I loaded music there but could not find the songs when opening the audio player and deleted them. Is this something that will be (activated) available in future updates? Or is there a way to use it now?  Loading songs into the folder My Music did not work either only when I loaded it into the folder "Music" was I able to find and play songs.

Also how do I load things on my memory card.  I did not see this option?  Is this explained somewhere?

Distinguished Wordsmith
Josienjoe
0 Kudos

Re: Audio Player - Play List Folder-Memory Card use

If you have a memory card in your Nook, when you connect the Nook to your computer, you should see two drives, the Nook and the memory card.

It is explained in the User Guide.

Contributor
SkipperGirlVA
0 Kudos

I am having the same problem. The Nook does not display the playlist and I can't listen to the music I have downloaded.

Wordsmith
Michael-V
0 Kudos

@SkipperGirlVA,

We encourage all users to check out the NOOK FAQs, the eBook FAQs, and the Getting to know your NOOK page for the most common questions including how to sideload content and listen to music.

You can also contact our Customer Service line in the United States at 1-800-843-2665 if you still do not have access to your downloaded music to ensure that it was done correctly.

Your Admin.,

Michael-V

Contributor
Fredreeca2001
0 Kudos

I have searched through the user guide for the answer to this question.  It is not explained very well and I am still not sure how to do this.  I have looked on pages 137-139 and pages 149-154. 

I have a memory card in my nook and I am having trouble with my nook reading my files(I am using this for my music).  Do I need to transfer all of my music to my memory card file and out of the nook file? Will it find it all then or what??  I am a little confused on this.  Sorry for the dumb question but, I feel like the user guide should be more clear!!  HELP!!

Wordsmith
tmr4
0 Kudos

Don't know if you got your answer yet.

If you've loaded your music files onto your memory card, have you pressed the "Check for new content" under the "My Documents" touchscreen menu?  After you do this your music files will show up in the audio player.  They will all be in a single list, which isn't ideal and hopefully will change with a software update.  Note that it doesn't matter what folders your files are in.  They are all found by the nook and placed in a single playlist.

Contributor
Fredreeca2001
0 Kudos

Thanks sooo much!!!  I will try that!!!

New User
Wo-ha-li
0 Kudos

fredreeca wrote:

I have searched through the user guide for the answer to this question.  It is not explained very well and I am still not sure how to do this.  I have looked on pages 137-139 and pages 149-154. 

I have a memory card in my nook and I am having trouble with my nook reading my files(I am using this for my music).  Do I need to transfer all of my music to my memory card file and out of the nook file? Will it find it all then or what??  I am a little confused on this.  Sorry for the dumb question but, I feel like the user guide should be more clear!!  HELP!!

Hello.  I just purchased my Nook yesterday.  So, you may need to add a little salt to my remarks.

I, too, was unable to play the music that I had downloaded.  When I slowed down and really looked, I found that the music files were not supported, after all.  (I had ass.u.med. that they were ok because they were from windows music files.  Not.)

I re-connected my Nook to my computer, opened the Nook drive (F:  in my case), and

right-clicked on the files and selected "Convert Audio Format."  MP3 was already selected.  I just had to make sure the destination folder was my Nook folder.  (bottom of the dialogue)

When all of the music files on the Nook drive were converted, I deleted the old WMA files.

Whew!  Wa-la!  Music is playing on my nook just fine!

Hope that this is helpful to someone... :smileyhappy:

Anella

New User
Wo-ha-li
0 Kudos

The video was very helpful.   However, it did not tell me what to do to convert files to an acceptable format.  And, when I transfered files, they did not automatically convert.   (Maybe I missed a step.)  Is my nook supposed to automatically format, say for instance, WMA files when transferred?

Regards,

Anella        :womanvery-happy:

Michael-V wrote:

@SkipperGirlVA,

We encourage all users to check out the NOOK FAQs, the eBook FAQs, and the Getting to know your NOOK page for the most common questions including how to sideload content and listen to music.

You can also contact our Customer Service line in the United States at 1-800-843-2665 if you still do not have access to your downloaded music to ensure that it was done correctly.

Your Admin.,

Michael-V

Michael-V wrote:

@SkipperGirlVA,

Your Admin.,

Michael-V

Frequent Contributor
Brucester
0 Kudos

Josienjoe wrote:

If you have a memory card in your Nook, when you connect the Nook to your computer, you should see two drives, the Nook and the memory card.

It is explained in the User Guide.

I disagree - you do not see two drives. What you should see is a drive named Nook, unless you have opened a dialogue and "ejected" the nook drive so you can use it while connected. It is then a simple process to open the nook folders and drag and drop any material you want into the proper folders of the nook. Then EJECT the Nook drive, start it up and press for "new content". Should all be there. I do this daily loading PDF files onto my Nook.

Nallia
Topics: 125
Kudos: 3,238
0 Kudos

Contributor
hrosvit
0 Kudos

Ditto; the Nook and the card show up as separate drives. 

"Fearlessly the idiot faced the crowd, smiling."
Distinguished Correspondent
very-simple
0 Kudos

Same on a mac - I get two drives on my desktop (nook and SD-Nook (which is what I renamed my sd card) when I plug in my nook.  

Wordsmith
gandalf1369
0 Kudos

As the previous three posters have stated you MOST CERTAINLY DO SEE TWO DRIVES if you have an optional micro SD card installed in your nook ad you connect it to your computer.

If you have the micro SD card installed in your nook AND you are only seeing one drive then your nook is not recognizing the SD card.  You should read some off the threads about the correct way of installing the card and if that doesn't help, then contact B&N Customer Service and askk for help.

Bob

**** He Who Dies With The Most Toys Wins ****