Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Scribe
RSC_Nook
0 Kudos

Re: B&N Groupon Coupon - Pay $10 and get $20 Gift Certificate

[ Edited ]

schatzieWI wrote:
B&N has to follow the rules, but the customer doesn't?

if you are addressing that to me then NO I NEVER said that.  that is not all all what I said.  I never said the customer does not have to follow the rules. 

Distinguished Scribe
Ya_Ya

schatzieWI wrote:
B&N has to follow the rules, but the customer doesn't?

I agree with you that the customers should follow the rules.

I would, however, lose all respect for B&N as a corporation if they stooped to not following the rules because their customers did not.  I would probably add them to my Walmart and Amazon list (whose bad behavior has eliminated them from my shopping sources - and good customer service does not make up for bad policies, IMO) and purchase my ebooks elsewhere.

One person's bad behavior does not excuse another's.

I admit that sometimes I fall into that trap and am not perfect, but it's still true.  My bad behavior doesn't excuse yours - and Person 3's bad behavior doesn't negate mine.  (Not accusing you of behaving badly - just making a, probably poor, example.)  I have to own my own bad behavior.  I can't blame it on someone else - and when I do, that's a second instance of "bad behavior."

Distinguished Scribe
schatzieWI
0 Kudos

Distinguished Bibliophile
ABthree
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

AlanNJ wrote:

I hear ya... I'm actually in Somerset County which is right next to Morris County.  I'm glad you're living in a place like Chicago which is certainly not known for corruption or dishonesty either... :smileyvery-happy:

My mistake:  I typed "Morris" (don't know why) but I meant WARREN.  Still mostly wilderness.
OT -- Congratulations on your promotion, BTW.  I see that you're in boldface now.  :smileyhappy:

+LORD, preserve the good in their goodness, and+
+in your kindness, make the wicked become good.+
-- St. Basil the Great+
AlanNJ
Topics: 64
Kudos: 1,518
0 Kudos

Warren is out towards PA... Still not far from Somerset County but a different world than Morris County...

►Without order there is chaos◄
Frequent Contributor
nook_rook
0 Kudos

I have an ebook order that is "Not Yet Shipped".  It is pending on a Groupon GC that was purchased by my spouse. The GC has not been zero'd out or deleted as far as I can tell. It also says that I cannot remove the item.  Does anyone know if I should wait it out, or if not, who should I call? 

Thanks

Distinguished Scribe
RSC_Nook
0 Kudos

nook_rook wrote:

I have an ebook order that is "Not Yet Shipped".  It is pending on a Groupon GC that was purchased by my spouse. The GC has not been zero'd out or deleted as far as I can tell. It also says that I cannot remove the item.  Does anyone know if I should wait it out, or if not, who should I call? 

Thanks

first off, did you actually get the book?  is it on your nook now?

if you mean you ordered a nook book, ignore the "not yet shipped" comment - it seems like it takes B&N a few days sometimes to change that status (even though it technically is not 'shipping' anywhere).  PLUS B&N does not charge your credit card (or in this case gift card) until the product shows that it shipped.  YES again I know this does not actually ship, but eventually the status will change to shipped anyway then you will be billed (or in this casr the gift card dinged for the sale amount)

give it a few days, it should catch up

Frequent Contributor
nook_rook
0 Kudos

RSC_Nook wrote:

nook_rook wrote:

Thanks

first off, did you actually get the book?  is it on your nook now?

if you mean you ordered a nook book, ignore the "not yet shipped" comment - it seems like it takes B&N a few days sometimes to change that status (even though it technically is not 'shipping' anywhere).  PLUS B&N does not charge your credit card (or in this case gift card) until the product shows that it shipped.  YES again I know this does not actually ship, but eventually the status will change to shipped anyway then you will be billed (or in this casr the gift card dinged for the sale amount)

give it a few days, it should catch up

Yes, it is on my nook. Thanks for the reply RSC_Nook.