Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
pitbull42
0 Kudos

Re: BN Classics - Week 9 - They Heard Us!

What away to end this fantastic promotion.  I can honestly say that throughout these last weeks I have gotten all the classics I would have wanted for free.  A 100+ books free shows me the commitment B&N has towards the Nook and provides extra value and customer loyalty that you do not get with other e-book sellers.

I am sorry to see this end, but I am positive that because of all the customer excitement and support, B&N will do something like this again very soon.

Thanks again for giving us so much to read and enjoy.  I think I have over 2 years of books to read now that did not cost me a penny and I know they are all going to be worth my time.

Inspired Contributor
SweetTooth
0 Kudos

Thank you! Thank you!  I was hoping for Sherlock Holmes and Count of Monte Cristo (even though it is abridged), and Tale of Two Cities is one of my favorite classics.

I agree with the previously stated sentiment that now all I need is more free time in which to read my fabulous FREE classics library. 

Correspondent
seasanddollar
0 Kudos

This has been a great way to collect some truly great books.  Thank you BN!

Frequent Contributor
GonnaTri
0 Kudos

Alot of these classics were required reading when I was in high school over 20 years ago.  I'm really looking foward to them, especially 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, Great Expectations, Illiad, Legend of Sleepy Hollow, Odyssey, Sherlock Holmes and Treasure Island.

Frequent Contributor
_deb_
0 Kudos

Although my Nook goes most every place with me, I actually had it out of my purse last night at my daughter's volleyball game (NEVER happens as I am a big fan of her an vb : ).  I had it on shop with a search for BN Classics and periodically updated it.  The first ones came up free on the screen about the same time I received the text from Inkmesh (7:15ish PM Central Time).  Considering we got our "wee little butts" kicked on the court, it was nice to have something to smile about in the stands :smileyhappy: 

Woe is the 5 ft-6 in setter running an offense against 6 ft-4 in blockers....:smileysad:

Hope to see you later at...

Distinguished Bibliophile
ABthree
0 Kudos

For the visually inclined, here's the page :smileywink::

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/u/free-classic-novel-ebooks/379002285/

+LORD, preserve the good in their goodness, and+
+in your kindness, make the wicked become good.+
-- St. Basil the Great+
flyingtoastr
Topics: 55
Kudos: 2,924
0 Kudos

Can't wait to reread Homer. Great list this week.

Distinguished Bibliophile
RHWright
0 Kudos

Let's see, my requests were:

Count of Monte Cristo    check

Crime and Punishment     check

Journey to the Center of the Earth     check

Man in the Iron Mask     check

Middlemarch

Oliver Twist     check

Sherlock Holmes, Vol 1 & 2     check

Tale of Two Cities     check

Tao Te Ching

The Moonstone

The Scarlet Pimpernel

So, 8 out of 12 requests fulfullied. I'd say I'm pretty happy. Guess I'll just have to put the others on the wish list for later.

Thanks B&N for these fabulous free promotions!

Frequent Contributor
dee_deefl
0 Kudos

What a way to end a series.

I got my free books.

Thank you Pitbull42

and

a BIG thanks to B&N!

Frequent Contributor
juneau
0 Kudos

Thank you, BN for an excellent promotion! Not only do I feel like I've gotten my money's worth out of buying a Nook, I feel like it just might make me a better person since I now have no reason not to learn from and enjoy all of these literary masterworks. It will be quite some time before I can finish them all!

And because you've shown that your customers' voices are heard: I shall take this time to beg and plead for a similar celebration of Shakespeare. Please, please, please?

Frequent Contributor
worthmaur
0 Kudos

Thanks B&N and Frog...got my Sherlock!

Frequent Contributor
acesc
0 Kudos

oh poop... :smileysad:

I was outside the country on friday and missed the good week... oh well

Frequent Contributor
cubano100pct
0 Kudos

Thank you B&N for the Classics.

I purchased my Nook during week 3 and I missed the 1st few weeks.

How about an encore and put each of the weekly series for one day for each week?

Frequent Contributor
LizJ70
0 Kudos

cubano100pct wrote:

Thank you B&N for the Classics.

I purchased my Nook during week 3 and I missed the 1st few weeks.

How about an encore and put each of the weekly series for one day for each week?

I like this idea!!  :smileyvery-happy: